Chapter 3 (Edited)

The Somersault

-

Important note before you continue this story:

Please make sure you read it carefully. 

The emperor's ladies rank from the highest class to the lowest that applied for Qing Dynasty (Source: Wikipedia)

Empress: Only 1
Imperial Noble Consort: only 1
Noble Consorts: only 2
Consorts: only 4
Imperial Concubines: only 6
Noble Ladies: Unlimited
First Class Female Attendant: Unlimited
Second Class Female Attendant: Unlimited.

And for additional information, the one that is married officially to the emperor is only the Empress. Imperial Noble Consort who has the second rank in the system usually responsible to accompany the emperor if the empress couldn't attend a certain important royal event.

It's a common thing for an emperor to not marry/ not appoint any empress until he decides to. Mostly the one who the emperor decides to marry (and his spouse automatically being the empress), is chosen based on political reason. It isn't all about love, honey... As long as the emperor didn't appoint any empress yet, the imperial consort is the one who has to sit beside the emperor in his throne.

Noble consorts, Consorts, Imperial concubines, Noble Ladies, First Class Female Attendant, and Second class female attendant are basically just 'sleeping partners' for the emperor or just simply artificial ranks in the system. There are so many of them, Noble Ladies, First class female attendant and second class female attendant even can reach hundreds in total. It's just so possible for the emperor for never sleep with them the whole of his life despite these ladies status as the concubines. See, sometimes it's just artificial rank. Mostly these ladies come from another kingdom that lost in war and they give off their daughters to the emperor as 'gift' just so the emperor will spare their life. And even though the emperor never touches them, it doesn't mean they are allowed to find another man. It will be considered as a cheat and betrayal and it will cost their own neck.

Sounds unfair?! Then just go protest to the emperor. I'm just telling you, I'm not the one who makes those rules LOL

Noble ladies, First class female attendant, and second class female attendant live in an Imperial Harem. Meanwhile, Empress, Imperial Noble Consort, Noble Consorts, Consorts, and Imperial Concubines have their own palace. The higher their rank is, the more big and luxurious the palace they got.

The emperor also lives in his own palace (he doesn't live with any of his ladies), unless he decides to stay to one of them.

And in this era, the emperor's words is an absolute rule for the whole kingdom.

I hope to make everything clear. If you are still confused, just put your question in the comment box. Even though I'm so well known (LOL) for being so quiet and rarely reply to your comment, for this matter, I will make sure I answer every question :D

Anyway, there is another thing that I want to clarify, in the last part of Chapter 2, I know some of you are misunderstood Dayu's words as the sign of his attraction for the emperor. Some of you even thinking that Dayu is falling for the emperor already, then I must say... You are wrong. Very wrong. Dayu doesn't have any feeling for the emperor (at least, not yet). What he meant with 'the emperor is captivated' was simply the form of his admission that the emperor is gorgeous.

p.s : (Hahahhahahahah... omg... Dayu is so gonna kill me for making his hubby have to 'sleep' with so many girls, eh *______*)

Okay enough with that, let's skip to the story.....