Chapter 6 (Edited)

The Red Palace

One day in the dungeon, Dayu was in his deep slumber

One day in the dungeon, Dayu was in his deep slumber. It was so hard to keep awake when all the energy he had like being drained out from his body and all he could do was sat in the corner of the dark cell all day long. But that day, few guards came to the dungeon and whispered something to the dungeon's guard. After awhile, they opened Dayu's cell and tried to wake him up from his sleep.

The way they woke him up wasn't as rough as they expected. It was surprisingly gentle. They were asking Dayu to follow them.

"Where are you taking me?" Dayu asked in a hoarse voice. He tried to make his voice sounded cold but the anxious tone was something impossible to deny. Once he stepped out from his cell, Dayu looked at his back that they didn't take the girls. These guards took Dayu only with them.

Dayu noticed the girls must be curious too where these guards were taking him. But they were too frightened to ask. They only watched the guards dragged Dayu away with unspoken questions.

The guards who led him still didn't answer his question yet, so Dayu tried again, "Where are you taking me?" The question now came between his gritted teeth.

"You will know later, Sire."

Sire...

Dayu didn't ask anymore. Since when they called a prisoner with such a noble name?

-

They brought him to a palace. It was a grand place with so many red ornaments on it. It was so big and Dayu could guess this palace even probably bigger than the main palace in his kingdom.

Dayu sighed. It wasn't his kingdom anymore. There wasn't any kingdom anymore. That cruel emperor from this damned country made sure of it.

The guards led him with so much gentleness. They didn't threaten him roughly like how they supposed to threat a prisoner. Soon when they are arriving in the palace, few girls with palace servants uniforms greeted him with such honor. There were quite a number of the guard in every corner who guarded the palace like it was the most secured place around. But they did nothing, only guarding obediently and let the girls took care of him. The girls brought him to a bathing room with luxury round marble bathtub inside. It was already filled with rose petals that made the water scented with rose fragrance.

"Sire, may I?"

Dayu looked at one of the girls. She looked like she was the leader of the other girls. He remembered this girl introduced herself as Guo Ming Lei. She stood close to Dayu and gave him a careful gesture to point at Dayu's robe. Dayu understood this girl asked for his permission to strip him off from his clothes. Dayu glanced around. The other five girls also still stood in the room.

Are they really going to bath him? Aren't they aware that Dayu is a man?

The tought alone already sent shivers down to Dayu's nerves. This was so unbelievable.