Chapter 15

Secret Plan

.

First, happy belated birthday to our emperor, our baba, our Wang Qing... I know I can't give much, just a small wish for you to be happy as always, successful, and living in blissful life. Please long lasting with my Yuyu not just for 10 years as you promised, but for 100 or even 1000 years, take a great care of him. It doesn't matter if I won't be able to see you both together so often like we used to, but as long as I know both of you happy in each other company, that's enough for me.

.

As the night kept advancing, the merrier the banquet in Lotus Garden that night. Almost of all the guests seemed no longer stay still in their own respective's seats as they were gathering with each other, talking and laughing while drank their wine. Some of the royals and the old filthy ministers shamelessly came to the stage and seduced the young and pretty dancers. The sight that made the new Imperial Noble Consort almost scoffed disgustingly. The emperor also already left his throne for quite awhile and now sat together with some people that previously introduced themselves to the male consort as the royal advisors.

As crazy as it sounded, for a emperor taking a male as his official Imperial Noble Consort, no one who seemed brave enough to openly showed their objection. It was true for plenty of times in the night, Dayu caught a certain royals or the concubines would throw disgusting look toward him, but they would immediately averted their eyes to somewhere else when Dayu glared back at them. It looked like, the blatant exhibit of affection from the emperor earlier was clear enough for them that at the moment Dayu had greater power than them as the current the emperor's most favored consort.

With boring and distant expression masked his expression all the night, it was obvious not even there was at least one people who dared enough to invite the consort for a small talk. With the emperor was busy talking with his royal advisors few meters away, the male consort sat silently on his seat.

"What's the cause with those kind of grim expression, Consort Yu? Isn't it supposed to be a happy day for you?"

Dayu lifted his head only to find Wang Zhiyuan stood in front of him with a small playful smile on his lips. The male consort couldn't help but showing a small smile as well as reply; obviously the first smile he ever showed since he had arrived in the Lotus Garden. His true intention for approaching that General of War was quite bizarre, however as the days they talked in each other company, Dayu found himself liking Wang Zhiyuan's personality. He was maybe the only person in that rotten kingdom that Dayu would ever recognized as his acquaintance.

"May I sit?" Wang Zhiyuan asked, pointed at the an available seat in front of the consort that he immediately took as the consort nodded his head in reply.

"Not even once I've ever saw His Majesty showing up so much display of affection toward somebody before. It seems he really loves you," Wang Zhiyuan stated suddenly. "I hope he wouldn't be upset if he saw me right now sitting so close to Consort Yu." Showing a small grin, then the former crown prince added. However as if the emperor really caught the cue, he suddenly turned around. Upon capturing the sight of his consort sat with Wang Zhiyuan, the emperor's eyes narrowed dangerously. But strangely, he didn't do anything and continued his talk with the royal advisors after awhile.

Wang Zhiyuan smiled, he clearly didn't miss any of the emperor's gesture just now. "And he actually restraint himself from his own feeling to dominate you. It is a form of consideration, something that my brother wouldn't give to anyone else before."

Dayu glanced to the former crown prince. His expression that softened for a short moment just awhile ago, now already back to his usual scowl and grim look. He had it enough for tonight, the said affection from the emperor that made him wanted to throw up. He already cursed and scolded himself so hard for letting his own heart flustered under the emperor's caring attitude these past two days. How could he set down his guard and almost let the emperor having his way inside his heart? Hm, not a chance!