0.3

las angeles, california
wednesday, october 31

the girl giggles and throws her right arm in the air and downs the green liquid using her other. the cold substance bubbles down her throat as she cries out in delight. the crowd of people erupts in cheers as she tosses the red solo cup into the air.

"hey christi, imma go get some more!" she yells to her raven friend who was to busy dancing with her boyfriend.

with a happy skip in her step, she stumbles through the sweaty bodies and over to the nearly empty kitchen. she giggles and grabs another cup and starts shovelling more of the boiling green liquid into her container.

"indie! indie, that's enough!" a voice yells to her, grabbing her shoulders and turning her towards them.

she frowns and holds up her drink, squinting her eyes to recognise the boy.

"daniel! baby, you want some?" indie slurs with a smirk, offering the cup to the blue eyed boy.

daniel frowns and tries and take the cup from her.

"hey!" she shouts and pulls her arm out of his reach.

"indie, don't you think you've had more than enough?"

she punches his shoulder lightly and sends a loopy grin.

"what you talkin' 'bout dani boy?" she laughs and begins downing the drink again.

before she can finish, daniel takes it from her hands and tosses it in the trash. she growls and reaches up to grab another cup, but daniel pushes her away. her smile falls and she pouts at him.

"daniel..." she whines and instead grabs the half-full cup next to her. he shakes his head and goes to grab it, but ends up pouring it all over her white nurse dress. she lets out a little shriek and everyone falls silent, staring intensely at the scene before them. her eyes trail down to her shirt then drop into a glare on daniel.

"you—" she huffs and pushes herself through the crowd.

"indie!" daniel calls after her, following close behind.

••

daniel slams the door behind them and reaches for her arm. she pulls it away and continues glaring at him.

she yanks the porcelain towel from besides her and begins violently scrubbing at her green-stained dress.

"indie, i'm so—"

deciding to take a stand to his complaining that made her head pound, she turns her body to him and holds the death stare over him.

"this is bullshit, daniel. complete bullshit." she growls then goes back to scrubbing the dress.

daniels eyes fall to the ground and his lips tighten in a straight line. he inhales a deep breath and decides to leave her be. drunk indigo was not his favourite indigo.

"alright, i understand. when you're done, come up to my room and i'll give you new clothes since you probably won't be able to find yours."

her look softens but she immediately turns her back to him again and scrubs the dress softer now.

he nods once more and pushes past her and back into the crowd of people. it was nearly 2:00 in the morning and people were starting to leave in ubers and friends cars.

zach seemed very uncomfortable with the various girls giggling and petting his shoulders. one was even seated on his lap. daniel shakes his head and jogs over to save him.

he pulls zachs arm up and all the girls groan in frustration and some wink and hold up the 'call me' sign. zach nervously gives a thumbs up before sprinting away with daniel.

corbyn, jonah, and jack were singing horribly with cups in their hands on a fuse ball table. daniel sighs and zach gives him a worried glance.

"where's indie?" he pipes up so only daniel can hear him over the loud music and slurs.

daniel shakes his head and pushes the question aside. indigo was always his main priority, but right now she need a break from the crowd.

"i don't like when people bring alcohol," zach mutters as the two make their way deeper into the sweaty body abyss. "they always end up staying late and then we have to clean up their barf and trash."

the older boy chuckles and leads them outside. there were only a few people out there laying on the grass and floating in the crystal blue pool.

the pair plop themselves down on the emerald waves. both felt like they didn't belong with the dancing and grinding teens who probably had taken over their bedrooms by now. the two felt alone in the crowd, like they didn't belong with the drunken kids.

"aren't only like five of them able to drink?" zach finally realises.

daniel laughs and nods.

"more like two. everyone just drinks because they see others do it," he explains to the confused boy. "i'm glad you don't, though."

zach smiles at him then the two fall into silence. the shimmering moon illuminated against either of their faces as they soak in the night air.

••

the two boys let out a heaving sigh as they shut the final door, leaving only the girl to grab. everyone had left and it was up to them to get their unconscious friends into their own beds.

"i got indie, you go get some rest."

zach nods and saunters up the stairs with a small yawn.

daniel makes sure he gets into the room with the other two boys before bounding down the hall and into the bathroom.

it was silent and no one was inside. he frowns and starts to leave, thinking the girl found her way somewhere else.

"daniel..."