CHAPTER FOUR

February 2nd 2008

"What do you mean there's nothing wrong with him? Clearly there's something!" Johanna exclaimed at the doctor in exasperation.

"He's likely sleep deprived Mrs. Tomlinson." The doctor sighed, "We've looked him over, and did a couple of neurological exercises with him, and he's perfectly normal. Are you sure he wasn't under the influence of any drugs or alcohol last night?"

"No, for the last time, I told you he wasn't! The police tested him!" Jay exclaimed. "Call them if you don't believe me!"

Louis just sat there quietly as his mum argued with the doctor, feeling pretty pathetic for getting lost on his way home from somewhere he knew so well.

"Well he must've been sleep deprived then. That's the only conclusion I can make." The doctor said arrogantly.

Jay pressed her fingers to her temples, with a heavy sigh. "I hope you're right."

"I am." The doctor assured. "Make sure he gets enough sleep every night and he should go back to being just fine."

Johanna rolled her eyes, but nodded nonetheless, wrapping her arm around her small son and leading him out of the doctor's office.

"M'sorry mum." Louis mumbled, looking down at his feet ashamed.

"It's not your fault sweetie." She kissed the top of her son's head. "I just hope the doctor's right."

"I'm sure he is." Louis said, not only trying to convince his mum, but trying to convince himself.

***

April 12th 2008

It had been a little over three months since the 'incident' and Louis had been getting plenty of sleep each night. Strangely though, his symptoms weren't improving. Not in the slightest. In fact, it seemed they were worsening. Since that night, Jay wouldn't allow Louis to walk anywhere alone. The thought of him getting lost again terrified her, though Louis assured her he wouldn't, she didn't want to risk it.

Louis' grades continued slipping. He kept explaining that he was trying so hard, and that no matter what he did he couldn't remember to do it. His mum believed him. His teachers, didn't.

"What day is it today mum?" Louis asked as he ate his breakfast of honey nut cheerios. His favorite.

"It's Monday. I've told you this three times Lou. Are you feeling alright?" She asked, always worried for her son.

"Yeah, fine mum." Louis sighed, getting frustrated with himself for forgetting again.

She frowned, "Okay." She said as she heard a knock at the door, "That's probably Harry."

Louis nodded standing up and kissing his mum's cheek as she handed him his jacket and backpack. "Have a good day Lou."

"You too mum!" He said smiling brightly, excited to see Harry.

"Hey baby." Harry greeted as Louis' pulled the door open.

"Hi, Mr. Always on time, you're five minutes late" he smirked, knowing Harry had broken his record of being on time everyday so far that school year.

"You cheeky little thing," he muttered as Louis laughed at him for being late.

"I'm not little!" Louis protested with a huff.

"Oh but you are darling." Harry chuckled.

And well, Louis couldn't argue.

***