Chapter 36

~(Y/N) P.O.V.~

I didn't have any dreams. Which is weird for me.

I usually have dreams or nightmares depending on how the day went.

I wake up to Alex poking me and laughing.

"Morning Alex." I smiled laughing at his behavior.

"Mornin (N/N)." He said crawling onto the bed.

"What are you doing?" I laughed. He had hid himself under the blanket at the end of my bed.

I silently crawled out of bed and crouched beside it. I watched as he crawled up the bed.

"Boo!?" He yelled jumping out from under the blanket. He stared at my pillow very confused.

"Roar!" I yelled jumping up from the side of the bed.

"Ah!" He screamed falling onto the bed. I heard loud footsteps running up the stairs.

"Is everything okay?" Dad asked out of breath, worry filling his eyes.

I smiled, "Yeah I just scared Alex."

"Don't scare me like that. I thought something happened." Dad said the worry in his eyes fading.

"Didn't mean to. The chance to scare him came up and I took it." I said laughing.

"Okay, just don't do it if you don't have to." He said smiling at me.

"You doin' okay?" He asked.

"For the most part, I think so." I said looking at Alex.

He looked so much like his mother. The same green eyes and light brown hair that was slightly curly.

I heard dad walk away.

Alex's never going to know his parents. I didn't have my mom but I don't think I could have made it here without my dad.

I'm going to have to be the mom teaching him how to survive in this world. I can't let him get hurt, he's way too cute for that.

"Hey."

"Oh, hi." I said looking over to see Carrie standing in the hallway.

"I wanted to give you something." She said handing me a notebook. "It's basically a diary that starts with the outbreak."

"Did you write any stories you wanted me to tell him?" I asked. I want to make sure I get the story of his mothers life right.

"Yeah. There's also a picture of his dad and I before this. We were at the Grand Canyon." She smiled. "I also put stories about his dad in there."

"That's amazing Carrie. I promise he's gonna hear all about you." I said sadly.

"Thanks (N/N)." She said as she walked over to him.

"Mama's gonna go away for a while okay?" She asked him. I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

He shook his head yes.

"Okay, baby. Mama loves you." She said the tears falling.

Alex wiped them. "Wuv you too." He said hugging her.

I was crying at this point. This is the last time he was going to see her.

"Stay here." I said running to the place that everyone ate at. "Glenn, did you say you found a Polaroid camera?"

"Yeah, why?" He laughed.

"I can I borrow it?" I asked still out of breath from running. 

"Yeah sure. What's up?" He asked looking at me quizzically. He said going through the bookbag beside him.