Chapter 16

I woke up thinking it was going to be a better day. I have a new crossbow and we didn't need another funeral. Thank god for that.

The sun was shining and it was hot. When I say it was hot the thermometer read at least 100°F. So I went and found my shortest shorts my grey tank top, my black combat boots, and my grey, black, and white flannel.

I walked out of the tent after getting dressed and realized that if I didn't the hurry I was going to miss breakfast, again. I ran to where everyone was sitting and sat down to a breakfast of squirrel and bacon.

Well, it wasn't squirrel and bacon it was bacon wrapped squirrel. It was dad's favorite other than venison.

I sat next to Carl, "I'm guessing your feeling better." He told me. "Yeah. I'll need to show you my crossbow later."

I was so excited to show him my crossbow. It was my favorite weapon to own. They are fast, quiet, and easy for me to shoot.

They are heavy though, I have to say that. They're worth it though. "Crossbow?" He asked.

"Yeah, daddy got me a crossbow for my birthday." I can't believe I didn't tell him. "Ok, that sounds like fun. Maybe, you could teach me how to shoot it?"

It's was more of a question that a statement. Ofcourse I could teach him. I'm already going to teach Beth and Maggie how to handle weapons, why not.

"Ofcourse I'll teach you Carl." I was hoping Lori and Rick would allow me to teach Carl. It would be so much fun to teach people.

"Umm, excuse me Lori." I was going to start it like a nice kid that seemed that she wasn't going to teach her almost 10 year old how to use a dangerous weapons.

"Yes, hun." Ok, no one calls me hun. I have to keep my cool though.

"Would you be willing to let me teach Carl how to use crossbows and knives?" I was hoping I would convince her.

"You have my permission, but if you could ask Rick, that would be great." Well I geuss she is just as bad of a mom as dad said she was. He said that she didn't even know where he was half of the time.

Now she doesn't even care if he is playing with a gun or knives. That's A+ parenting right there. "Ok, thank you Lori."

Then I ran to go find Rick. All I had to do was get Ricks permission and he might even come with us. He could help show them how to shoot properly.

"Excuse me mister Grimes." I said said mister because I have a lot more respect for him than Lori for obvious reasons.

"(Y/N), what do you need?" Wow, he gets right to the point doesn't he.

"I was wondering if I could teach Carl how to uses crossbows, guns, and knives? I was also wondering if you could come with me to help teach him and the Greene sisters?"

"Ofcourse, and I will be there for sure. Do you need targets like bottles? Cans?" At least he has someone who cares about his safety other than me.

"Yes we will need some kind of target. Thank you for coming."

"No problem (Y/N), I know he has to learn sooner or later. Sooner the better though. When do we leave?"

There was a pause I hadn't thought about what time would yet. "How about noon?"

It's seemed reasonable considering it was only about ten in the morning. "That's perfect it will give us the time we need to get everything together."

Great now I just have to go tell Beth and Maggie along with Hershal. So I started to the house. I saw Rick talking to Carl on the steps and I saw dad at the corner of the house.

I walked up to dad and told him the plan. He thought it was a great plan. He wanted to come too. Ofcourse I said yes, he's my dad, I have to.

~Lil time skip brought to you by lams and coffee~

We where at the gate and Rick was explaining how to hold a gun and shoot properly while I was demonstrating what he was saying.

We finally got to shooting and I was trying out my new crossbow. It was the fastest crossbow I ever had. It was so accurate I didn't miss one can because bottles might break my homemade arrows.

Carl had hit most of the targets he shot at with his Glock 19. He looked at his dad and said something I didn't hear. He walked over to me like he had something to say.

"Can I try your crossbow?" He asked. "Ofcourse, just don't shoot the bottles only the cans." He nodded as I showed him how to hold and shoot it. He hit the target the first time.

He was a natural at this. Now came the hard part, teaching them how to throw knifes properly.

"Ok guys. We are going to learn how to throw knives." They all nodded and looked slightly scared as I said this.

I gripped the handle of my favorite throwing knife and took aim at my target. I took a deep breath and threw the knife just like dad had taught me to.

Carl was next using the same knife. It took him five tries but he eventually got it. He was so happy when he finally got it.

"Bullseye!" I basically screamed. I turned and hugged him. I heard chuckles behind me.

I turned and saw all of them laughing, except dad he was tanding there stone faced. He looked angry and started toward the tent. I went full red and I couldn't hide it.

"What are you laughing at?!" Carl yelled. They all stopped and just walked away. How late was it? It must be at least 5 or 6 by now.

"We should head back, wouldn't want to miss dinner." We normally started dinner around here at about 6-6:30 ish.