Chapter 33

~Carries P.O.V.~

I walk over to where I see (Y/N) playing with Judith and Alex.

"Hey, I'm going on a run. Need anything imparticular?" I ask.

"Not really, but if you find comic books or arrows that would help."

She never liked to ask for specifics when I went on runs, she thought it was stupid to look for specific things at a time like this.

"Okay comics and arrows, can do."

"Only if they are right there and easy to get okay." She said.

"Okay I get it." I laughed. "I'll be back in a few hours."

"Be safe okay?"

"I always try to be." I smiled.

That sentence became the thing we would always say to eachother if only one was going on a run or if we were scouting a house.

It always made the other feel a little but safer.

I walked over to the rest of the group to see if they needed anything specific.

All everyone needed was blankets, pillows, medicine, food, water, and ammunition.

I walk to the gate just as everyone else arrives.

"Ready?" Rick asks the small group that going.

"Ready." Everyone replies.

"Maggie ride with Glenn, Carrie go with Daryl, T-Dog come with me." Rick instructed.

"You okay with motorcycles?" Daryl asks while he sits on one.

"Yeah, used to ride one, before all this." I said.

"Cool, so you won't mind?"

"Not at all." I said sitting behind Daryl on the motorcycle.

About half an hour in, Daryl breaks the silence.

"Thanks for taking care of her." He yelled over the engine.

"It was no problem, she is the best thing that's happened to me in this thing other than Alex." I yelled back.

"I don't know what I would've done if you guys hadn't found us."

"I don't know what she would have done if we hadn't found you. You guys were all she talked about." I laughed yo myself.

"Really?" He asked almost surprised that she would talk about the group.

"Yeah, all the time, everyday." I replied.

"Did she talk about Carl?" He asked curiously.

"She talked about him a lot more than others, I'll tell you that."

"Did she say that she liked him?" He asked, his voice turning from an astonished to a very serious tone.

"She did say that she liked him, a lot." I replied cautiously, not knowing if that's what a father would want to hear.

"Okay, thank you." He yelled turning back to the road.

"No problem." I said to myself.

After that was silence.

We drove for about an hour before we made it to a department store. It was run down, obviously, and had walkers all throughout.

"Everyone here?" Rick asked looking around.

"Yeah." Daryl said, getting his crossbow off his shoulder.

"Let's go." Rick said before he kicked open the door and we started shooting and stabbing the walkers that came at us.

We all split up to clear out the store quicker.

Once it was clear we started to take anything we thought was useful.

Everything everyone asked for and then some. I couldn't find any comics though.

I walked to the front of the store where I thought I saw a comic rack when we walked in.

Once I saw it again I immediately knew that something was wrong and I didn't know why.

But I ignored the feeling and started stuffing the comics, carefully,  into my bag.

Then, out of nowhere, a walker came up behind me and had me pinned to the floor.

I was trying to reach my knife when a gun went off.

Rick came and threw the walker off me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. "fine."

He checked me for bites right before we heard Glenn yelling about a herd that got through the back.

My gun had slid a few yards away when I fell so I ran to get it only to be trapped by walkers.

I quickly stabbed a few, grabbed my gun and went to leave.

Once I jumped on the motorcycle we left and only stopped when Glenn's car needed gas.

"Carrie, you're bleeding." Daryl said running behind me and looking at my shoulder.

"No! Fuck!" He yelled as he pulled at the sleeve of my shirt.

"What's wrong?!" Rick yelled from his car quickly getting out and running over followed by T-Dog.

I felt a tear threaten to fall as I realised what had happened.

"I promised I'd be fine. I told her I'd be fine." I sobbed.

"God damnit." Rick cursed under his breath.

"I have to tell her. No one else can. It has to be me." I looked at everyone.

"You can tell her if you want to tell her." Daryl said looking at the group. "She gets to tell her."

Everyone nodded. They bandaged my shoulder even though I specifically said not too.

The drive home was excruciating, all I thought about was the people I would be leaving.

I cried half the way there and the other half I spent making myself look happy so that (Y/N) wasn't suspicious when we first got back.

"You sure you want to tell her?" Daryl asked just before we got back.

"Yeah, I have to be the person to tell her." I said. Trying to mentally prepare myself for the conversation.

"That's fine. I just wanted to make sure you were still going to tell her."
He said, just audible above the sound of the engine. "You know she's going to freak out right?"

"I know but I want her to freak out on me if she's going to freak out on anyone." I said.

I've finally accepted what had happened and was as ready as I ever was to tell (Y/N).

I don't know whether to expect sadness, anger, or a mixture of both, but whatever her reaction, I'm going to tell her and deal with whatever comes after.

I hope she can forgive me, I didn't want it to end like this.

It was inevitable but I thought I could last, at least, a bit longer.

Everything happens for a reason. I guess it's finally time to see my husband again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't been updating regularly.

I've had three, very stressful,  projects for three different classes all in the last two weeks of school.

I'm going to try to update regularly over the summer, but don't count on it.

Anyway, hoping to update again soon.

~G