Chapter 10

Rick told me that he wouldn't remember after the deer. Then the man that fixed Carl up told me his name was Hershal. I like that name it sutes him. "He must have went into shock when he got shot." Hershal said. That makes sense. His body shut down so that he wouldn't use as much blood by squirming because of pain.

"We lost someone when Shane went to go get medical supplies for Carl."

"I'm sorry for your loss. We should have a funeral for them." I said trying to be sympathetic.

"That would be very nice to honor him. He deserves it. He died so a young boy could live." He said sounding very sad.

He died went him and Shane went on a run. I mean I might not have known him that long but I don't think the man died on accident. I think Shane did it he seems like a man that would do that, just because. If the man didn't look at him right one time he would just kill him for fun.

When we had the service for, who I now know as, Otis the whole Greene family was crying. It was very sad but I wasn't the type to show emotion in front of people. By myself, maybe. With others, hell naw. That just isn't me, I don't do emotions, I'm a Dixon for Christ's sake.

In the middle of the service Hershal asked Shane to say a few words. His response was, "I-I'm no good at this stuff." Then, Otis' wife, Patricia said, "Please, I need to know that he didn't die in vein."

Shane went on with this stupid story that I could see right through. He definitely killed Otis. I could tell by the way he acted really nervous when he would always yell just to be loud.

Then Sof, Carl, and I went and played in the field by the barn. I heard scratching noises coming from the barn and went into full stealth mode. We were playing hide and seek when I heard the scratching. Sof was seeking and I had ducked into the tall grass and she never looked there because I said we wouldn't go there.

I was slowly stalking towards the barn with me knife that dad had engraved with (Y/N) Dixon. I always had it since my 8th birthday, Merle gave it to me. It was you favorite knife, but I also had five throwing knives that I bought because they were on sale right before the outbreak.

When I got to the barn doors I peaked between the boards when Sof jump scared me. I hate jump scares. "Got you!" She called. As I jumped back and fell in a mud puddle. "Don't do that. Jeez you scared me bad." I said.

"Why did you have that look?" She asked. "What look?" I asked very confused and curious. "That look you get when you go hunting or are tracking something. It's a very focused look." She said. That makes sense. I usually make that look when I think something deserves attention or seems important.

"I heard scratching come from the barn. I want to check it out." I said still looking at the barn. "Ok, let's go."

"No Sof, I'm going. I can't loose you again." I said in a too-harsh of a way. "Sorry, that sounded really mean."

"No, I understand. I did just run away and Carl was just shot so I understand." At least she understands right. "Ok I'll be right back."

I walked to the back of the barn and stood by the door, took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst. I throw open the door to find, horses. Ten to be exact. They were beautiful with their many shades of blacks, browns, whites, and grays.

One had gotten out and was scratching at the door. I walked up to it and was talking softly until I was about two feet away from her and she bucked. Both scaring her and myself. Then the front doors opened and Beth, Hershals daughter, came in. Oh no this isn't going to go well.

"Whoa there Nelly," she said putting the horse back"hey (Y/N), what are you doin' in here?" She asked being more polite than I originally thought. "I heard scratching and thought it was a walker." She tensed a bit. That's strange why would she do that.

"No, we don't like those things. They scare us to death." She said with a light giggle at the end. "I just wanted to make sure is all." "Oh I understand completely, you were just keeping your group safe." At least she understood.

-that night-

I went to go get a dinner of squirrel dad and I caught this morning for breakfast. After I ate and talked to Carl and Sof I headed toward dad and I's little camp we had. Dad went on a hunt and said he wouldn't be back til tomorrow. I saw Shane walking towards me and I decided to keep my distance. If he really did kill Otis I didn't want him killing me too.

"Hey (Y/N)." He said. Obviously not noticing the whole keep your distance thing. "Yes?" I asked in the nicest way I could muster. "I just wanted to have a talk with you 'bout something."

"Ok?" Then he took me in front of the barn. He put his hands on my shoulder which caught the attention of Rick and Glenn. "Don't you, truthfully, think that I killed Otis?" Oh no. "Truthfully?" "Yes, truthfully." He said sounding super annoyed. "I, truthfully, think you did kill him. By the way the were nervous, red flag. You randomly shaved your head afterward, weird. I just put the pieces together and that makes the most sense to me." I said with complete confidence.

"You little bitch!" He said as he lifted me off the ground while choking me. "Now you won't be able to tell anyone else what you think happened." He said as I started to see black spots cover my vision. He saw Rick and Glenn running over to us and punched me trying to knock me out. But just when I was slipping into darkness Rick punched Shane knocking him out. Then I fell to the ground and just when I was about to let the darkness take over. *hearing in whispers* "(Y/N), (Y/N), stay with me ok. Just stay with me." (Rick) (Glenn) "Somebody get Hershal now! (Y/N) stay awake ok we are getting help." But the I slipped into the darkness.

~A/N~

I'm alive!!! I know crazy right? Anyway I'm sorry it took me so long to get a quality update out. It's been crazy with the holidays and stuff but I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. Til next time peace out.