Chapter 5

We ran when we heard Jim was bite. I had only known Jim for a short time but he was always a good person.

He respected us and never particularly "hated" anyone. Rick said the CDC might have a cure and that we had to leave soon if we wanted Jim to have a chance at living.

So we all packed our things in 10 minutes flat and left. I noticed that Ed wasn't here so I asked Carol and she said he ate his gun.

I knew what she meant he killed himself. Dad didn't believe the whole "I ran into a tree branch" thing.

Now that Ed was dead I thought I could tell him the truth.

We were driving down the road when the R.V. randomly stopped we walked over to the vehicle and noticed that it was Jim.

He wasn't doing good he was pale, sweating, and hyperactive. Everyone said their goodbyes and it was my turn.

"I didn't know you long but I know that you will be in a better place." I said felling sorry for the poor man.

"I didn't know you long but you need to stay with your dad and the group they'll need you someday."

"I'm not leaving any time soon." "Good." I walked back to the truck a little confused but it was dad's turn and then we would leave back to our trip to the CDC.

~Daryls POV~

I walked up to the dying man feeling like I could have saved him if Merle wasn't so, well Merle.

I crouched down in front of him and he looked me in the eye and said "Don't ever let that girl of your out of your sight the world needs some of her innocents."

"I won't let her out of my sight again."

"Good." He shooed (correct me if I'm wrong on the spelling) me off. I got in the truck with (Y/N) and started it up.

Time to go to the CDC.

~Regular POV~

When we finally got to the CDC it was almost dark. Rick tried pounding on the door but that didn't work.

I started screamed a couple of times. Then dad said walkers and we took them out swiftly and quietly.

The I heard Rick yell "YOUR KILLING US. YOUR KILLING US." That's when the doors opened and a bright light glowed over all of us.

"Are any of you bit?" A voice asked behind the blinding light. "No one was but he's gone."

"Get all your stuff quick once this door closes it doesn't open again. We ran,  got all of our stuff, and ran back into the building.

"You all submit to a blood test that is the fee to enter. Can you do that?" Rick looked around at everyone. "Yeah we can do that."

Great I thought I hated needles the memory still haunts me even a year later.

I walked in on Merle doing drugs with his other "friends" and he was so high he didn't know who I was.

"Come over here baby try some. It's great."

"Merle what are you talking about I'm only 8." He can't be serious.

"MERLE WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE MY DAUGHTER DO?" My dad screamed when he came in, right when Merle was about to inject whatever it was into my arm.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked obviously higher than Lucy.

"(Y/N) you ok?" "Huh, oh, yeah, fine." I said trying to avoid it at all costs.

This place wasn't getting off to a good start for me.

>A/N<

Ok first off if you can find the Beatles reference you are amazing and if you can't your still amazing, please comment if you think you know what it is.

Sorry for the long chapter but I thought it was in need seeing my others are kind of shorter.

Please just remember to comment and vote.