Katsuki Hearts Izuku

"...And that's what happened." Izuku sniffled while sitting on the leather sofa belonging to Shoto

"What a fucking creep. I'm going to kill him." The other male replied, with a serious, angry face that Izuku had only seen when he was around Todoroki Enji, his father.

"No, I mean- is it bad that part of me wants to go back and apologise?"

"Yes." He looked heartbroken, but looked away from the green-haired boy. "You deserve so much better."

"Man, Shochan , you would make a great boyfriend! Any girl would be lucky to have you."

"Boy. Any boy would be lucky."

The shorter male sat up a bit, "Really? No way! I thought you and Momo...? I guess not. Well, welcome to the club! Do you remember when we first met and you wouldn't even tell me your favourite colour, now you tell me this? It's a really nice reminder of how far we've come as friends," Shoto winced at that, "Sorry! Am I rambling?"

"No, I wasn't grimacing at that. It's just," he took Izuku's hands, "it broke my heart to see you with that prick, and I wasn't a good friend by letting you stay with him, because, truthfully, I didn't want to be friends." Izuku looked confused and sad, "no, listen, I didn't want to be friends because I..." he leaned in, their lips millimetres apart, their breath intertwined, "...love you." so close, closer...

Bang! Bang! Bang! An open palm banged against the window that looked out onto his front garden, and a livid, red face seconds away from barging in peered in. Shoto looked over and the boy next to him. His eyes were blown wide and he was shaking. The grip on his hands had turned to a squeeze.

"Motherfucker! You're going to die! Trying to kiss my boyfriend! Sleep with one eye open! Bitch!"

"Maybe I should try and calm him down?" Izuku whispered, shakily.

"Absolutely not. He's dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt again."

"He's different around me, I can handle it." So naïve.

"Izuku! Come out here, please, baby?" His voice was soft, like he was a wolf luring a rabbit into his den. "I'll count to three. One..." the short boy stood up, against all of Shoto's protests.

"Two..."

"Izuku, no. You're going to get yourself killed by that maniac!" The boy stood, unsure and biting his lip.

"Three! I will break this door down!" Silence. "Tch. Whatever, useless Deku. I'm leaving, but you can't hide forever." One last bang on the window.

"...Thank you."

"It's no problem, really."

"Will you sleep with me tonight? Eh, wait, no! Not like that! Like sleep over at my house. I didn't think that through, huh? Sorry, there I go rambling again." He scratched the back of his neck.

"No, it's alright. I will sleep over, I'll grab an overnight bag."

"Thank you, it's because I'm nervous, honestly. I know it's silly, I was so confident when I was standing up to him," he nodded his head in the direction of the window, "but now I'm a bundle of nerves. I don't know why. That was so scary, I froze. Plus Ochako just texted me to say she is at her girlfriend's, and I might get lonely." He joked at the end.

Shoto knew exactly why. It was like a smoker without his pack. He was hooked, and now he was showing withdrawal symptoms. Katsuki has obviously manipulated him so much he became dependent, and if the bi-coloured man could even provide a little bit of comfort, he would. Izuku had helped him so much. Because of him, he had become more sure of who he was, more outgoing, and less afraid of his father. He gave him confidence, strength, and bravery, and he was more that happy to return the favour.

When they arrived to the door and jammed in the key, they were both laughing and having a good time, when the door was swung open and they looked inside, it abruptly stopped. Papers and pens littered the floor, the wall paper had been torn, and the words 'You'll be back' was keyed onto every wooden surface in the living room. Mugs and plates had been smashed. It was a mess. Izuku covered his mouth in shock. Shoto followed his eyes to see one thing.

'Bakugou Katsuki Midoriya Izuku' was sprawled with a sharpie, but separating the two names was a heart, marked on the wall with blood.