54- stepping out of boundaries.

Start from the beginning

"Harry doesn't pay the child support, he's the middle man. The guy pays Harry to pay Lorraine and Harry puts the money that his father sends him Into a separate account for school I guess." I say watching her shake her head.

"The things that boy gets himself into." She says shaking her head in disbelief before letting out a small non-humorous laugh.

"I can't even get mad at him because he's the good guy." She complains before looking me in the eye.

"Who is the father?" She asks as I look around he living room.

"I can't tell-"

"Bullshit, Niall." She says using profanity around me for the first time.

"Zayn. Zayn Malik." I say just as I look up and see Harry standing in the doorway with an angry expression.

Oh no.

I stand up and watch Harry reach out for me in complete defeat. He's angry, his good mood is gone and he's about to shatter my heart into a million pieces with everything he's got.

I walk into his extended arm before his mother speaks up.

"Why didn't you tell me Harry. I would have understood." She says standing up as Harry begins to walk with me to the door.

"We could give him justice and you wouldn't have to be involved Harry." Anne proposes as Harry watches me lace my shoes up.

"Mum, you don't understand." He says shortly before she yells for the first time letting her voice crack.

"You act like you know everything but you don't. You're exactly like your father." She says making Harry freeze.

"Hurry up." He scolds me as I only begin to lace my other shoe into my foot.

"I'm nothing like him." He says as she laughs again, this time nothing being funny.

"You are. Things get tough and you run away. You don't care about anybody but you-"

"I care about Zayn, I care about that kid, I care about Niall. You can sit here and tell me that I don't care about people when I'm doing this for other people. If I didn't care about anyone then Zayn would be in jail making 10 cents an hour barely making enough to pay for his shampoo let alone his child." Harry says admitting he cares for me to his mother. And to me.

"Don't do anything stupid with what you know. If Zayn goes to court then it's over for him. He won't provide for his child wherever he goes next and like hell if anyone will hire him while he has a criminal record. Let him make money for that kid and I'll get out of it." He promises before grabbing me and walking out the door with our phones in hand.

As soon as the door shuts Harry has no problem with staying quiet. Until we get into his car where he sits without starting the engine.

"You overstepped" he points out as I nod. I agree, I have.

"You're not going to argue with me?" He asks as I shake my head no. There's no reason for us to fight.

"You purposely told my mother things that I was keeping from her for a reason." He says as I have to nod again.

"I'm sorry." I say just above a whisper before running my hand through my hair.