48- properly

Edited

Niall

"W-what?" I ask Harry hoping he will repeat himself. He can't love me. He doesn't even know how to love.

"I love you." He admits again before sighing, realizing I won't be saying the words back to him.

"I'm sorry. I should wait before I say that." He mutters pulling his arm off of the console and onto his lap.

I reach over and grab his hand in mine trying not to freak out over our current situation and what Harry has just said to me.

"Say it again." I whisper needing to hear the words from his lips again. Properly this time.

"I love you." He says as I pull his hand back onto the console. I play with his fingers looking at his rings in silence. I want to say those words back to him. But I can't.

"I can't say it back." I say hoping he will understand my reasoning.

"I know." He says letting the car fall into a comfortable silence.

I need Harry to understand that his forgiveness won't come easy.

"Can I take you out on another date?" He asks as I smile to myself.

"Are you saying this isn't one?" I ask cheekily using his own line making Harry's smile return.

"This could be one. But only if I get to kiss you goodnight." He wagers making me fall silent. I do want him to kiss me. But I feel so stupid just by being in this vehicle. I ignore my thoughts and continue to flirt with Harry.

"I don't think you have to wait that long." I say hoping that I can kiss him sooner than that. I still miss him, no matter what he's done to me. That's the effect he's left on me.

"Good." He whispers leaning closer. His lips look amazing and I can't help but lean forward as well. I need to feel him again.

I close my eyes waiting to feel his kiss on my lips but instead his lips press against my forehead causing my eyes to open. The way he kissed me makes my heart flutter. I missed his touch. He lights me on fire and I don't care about how bad it hurts.

"I'm sorry." He whispers softly resting his forehead against mine.

"We'll make it through this right?" He asks as I stare down at my fingers pressing on Harrys.

"I hope." I say softly before pulling away from him and putting the vehicle into drive. I can't let Harry do anything more to help his case or he'll win. He'll make me throw away any anger I should have with him and I can't lose that, not now.
_____

Word count : 452