Chapter 24

Jade's POV

I wake upon the couch. I look around the living room, why am I here? I see Becca on the couch next to me, a blanket laid over us. The popcorn bowls and ice cream cartons were on the table in front of us, thrown in random around the DVDs. Stretching (and yawning) I grab my phone. I squint, and then I see the reminder reading “Interview at 11”. The clock read 10:28. I jump off the couch, and sprint up the stairs to my room. Sadie (my manager) would be here in 15 minutes! “EEEEEEK” I squeal when I feel the burning hot water of the shower. I turn it colder, before quickly washing up. Becca comes running in, takes one look at my panicked face and rolled her eyes. “You are late for something again aren’t you?” she said. I nod frantically and she sighs. “Come on…” she gestures me over and starts on my wet hair as I do my makeup. I put on some light pink eye shadow, then mascara and a touch of lip gloss. In that time, Bec had fishtail braided my hair, even though it was still wet. It just made it look darker. I then rush to my closet, and grab my white flowy top that says LOVE in a square, then a pink skirt to match my eye makeup. I then grab my leather ankle boots, a leather purse, and my phone and charge towards the kitchen. I grab a muffin right when the doorbell rings. I wave to Bec before running out the door. I jump in the car, before hurriedly eating the muffin. I hear a sigh and turn towards Sadie. “You woke up late again didn’t you…” she says. I meekly nod, and she just rolls her eyes. “How late this time?” “10:28” she groans, before sighing again. “Well, you look good, despite the time you had to get ready. Good job.” I nod, before taking the piece of gum she offers me. We pull up to the studio, and I hop out. I take out my Sharpie I have 24/7 and sign as many things as I can. I am then pulled in the studio (against my will) to go get on stage and meet the interviewer. I go sit on those huge couches with the really poofy cushions and wait on stage. I start bouncing, because I mean, those seats are like really cushy and just go ‘boing boing’ and ya know, I have a special personalityJ. I hear laughter and spin around to see Mum and Dad. I hop up and go give them a hug. “What are y’all doing here?” the question eagerly comes from my mouth. They chuckle, before Mum responds. “We are singing our new single babe!” I hit myself in the head, before saying “Of course! Duh Jade duh.” They laugh again, before I am called onstage.

“So Jade, you recently released a new single named Saving a Life, if I do so remember, your parents wrote and sang it with you, am I correct?” the interviewer starts off. “Yes Mindy that is correct, my mum, dad and I wrote this song about the adoption, something we have never been able to put in words, but finally got that inspiration and that is how this song was born.” Mindy nods, before continuing on with the interview. Mum, Dad, and I play our song, and then the interview was over and it was time for the soundcheck, then meet and greet, then the actual concert, then meeting the people with backstage passes. I climb in the car, and ride to the venue and then go in and sprint around.

I finally find my dressing room, and walk in to see the whole makeup crew and Sadie standing there waiting for me. “I got lost?” I shrug my shoulders and they glare at me. I go sit in the chair and let them smear everything onto my face, before giving me my outfit to put on. Once I’m dressed, I am escorted to the soundcheck so I won’t get “lost” again.

After grabbing my guitar, I run through my songs. I finally finish and can go meet some fans! I walk out to the meet and greet room to be met with many screams.

AN: I have actually had this written for two days now... I just haven't posted it... oops. love ya!