chapter two

Mercedes

I woke up from my alarm clock playing Man of the Year by SchoolBoy Q . A prep up song to get me going. I got up slowly still, with a slight headache. I went to my bathroom and started my shower water. I went back into my room, looking in my closet. I picked out some clothes and took them in the bathroom, as I got in the shower.

After 20 minutes....

I got out, put on some lotion. I did my hygiene routine then got dressed. I went back into my room and saw Lexus sitting on my bed.

"Why are you in here?" I asked.
"Mom had to leave early, can you drop me off? I don't wanna ride that noisy bus.." She said.

"Sure.." I said, and got my brown purse. All my stuff was already at school. I took my phone off charger and put it in, and got my keys as we walked out my room.
We went out to the driveway, Lexus got in the passenger seat and buckled up as I did the same in the driver seat in my Mercedes . Yeah, my mom like cars, so we're named after them. I pressed the button and drove to Wendy's.

.....

"I'm going to be late!" Lexus said as I drove up to the drive-thru.
"And I'm gonna be hungry.." I said as I began to get ready to order. She just sat back.
"Want something?" I asked, she shook her head and I shrugged.
"May I take your order?" The buzzer said.
"Yes um may I get a almond grilled chicken salad with a water please.."
"Ok that'll be $6.25, pull around.." She said and I drove to the side , as I got my wallet out. I gotta stay healthy since I'm a cheerleader and we're constantly working out.

I gave her the money and went up to the next window and got my food. I started driving with my knee as I poured my dressing on my salad and began eating it and grabbed the wheel .
"You're gonna get me killed over greenery.." Lexus said, I laughed.
"Whatever, it's not too late for you to get on that bus!" I said , she shook her head quick .
"Never mind , you're fine, it's worth dying for.." She said and I laughed.

....

I had just finished my salad as i pulled into a parking space at my high school, I had just dropped Lexus off at her middle school. I put my trash in the bag, put it in the passenger seat and got out with my purse and walked into the school.

"Hey Benz !" My nigga " ,Quan joked , i smiled and waved at him. He always calls me that.
I got to my locker surrounded by kids and saw Chandra and Alyssa.

"Heyy !" Alyssa said.
"Sup girl!" Chandra said,
"Hey !" I spoke to both of them. I did my code to my locker, I got my needed books out, closed my locker and and put my back on it.

"So where's your brother?" Alyssa asked.
"Um stepbrother but he don't go to this school.." I said.
"Too bad .." Chandra said.
"Hey Chandra !" A familiar voice said .
"Hey August !" Chandra said back then he looked at me.
"Sup Mercedes .." He said blankly and walked away.
" you know August ?" I asked Chandra.

"Umm duh only everyone knows him" Chandra said and Alyssa agreed, I scoffed.
"Um...well you just met my stepbrother.." I said low , trailing off as I walked to my class.
"What?? August is your bro- well stepbrother??" Alyssa asked, catching up to me.
"Yep I guess so.." I said nodding.

"Girl...that's crazy ... He act as if he didn't know you.." Alyssa said, but I ignored her.
"I'll talk to y'all later.." I said going into my class.
"Ok bye girl.." They said and walked away down the hallway. Then I went in my class...

Lunch...

I went to my table after getting my food. Alyssa and Chandra came and sat beside me as we sat with other cheerleaders.
"So when did his dad propose to your mom?" Alyssa asked, I looked at my phone.
"Last night.." I answered .
"That shit cray.." Chandra.
"Agreed!" Me and Alyssa said. I was drinking a bit of my water when my eyes was covered.