Twenty 5 -Pt 1

* This chapter is longer than the others.*

The unsettling happiness that's currently turning and burning in Sage's stomach has no intentions of stopping any time soon. With the few footsteps she has left, it's all to much to hold in. Soon the sound of bickering is the only thing that she can hear. In pure excitement she happily rushes forward, and at her last step a sudden spring emerges. Her warm hands reach the door, shoving it open harshly.

“Can't you two quit for a second.”
The sound of her bold but gentle voice takes all ears by surprise, neither of the two were ready for this moment. Immediately one acts faster than the other, but of course he's a bit more immature about it. “Sage!” He shouts as she clumsily rushes over to the brown haired scarlet.

Before she could have the opportunity to respond, his arms have already bombarded her body, this knocks the wind right out of her lungs. “Oh I've missed you so much!” He cries tightning his grip with every passing second. “I mi-missed you t-to Peter,” Sage chokes out from her lack of air. “Kid! Let her go!” The other demands from behind Peter's back. Huffing Peter obeys releasing Sage, as he does a hand reaches to the back of his neck. “Sorry,” He mumbles an apology as he rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. “Thank you Tony,” Sage says disregarding Peter's apology.

“Anything for my favorite kid,” The man smiles holding his arms out to the girl. Smiling widely, Sage quickly enters Tony’s embrace, wrapping her arms around his mid centre. “I've missed you so much Tony, ” She murmurs, burying her face in his chest. “Same here kid,” Tony softly speaks dropping a hand on top of Sage's head, and softly ruffling her hair. “It’s been so long, I’ve even forgotten the smell of your Cologne,” She complaints. “It's okay kid, things like this happen all the time,” Tony assures her. “No, I don't want things like this to happen, especially with you,” She speaks clutching onto him even tighter. “Kid..” Tony trails of as he softly strokes her hair. “There’s no need to be sulky, after all it's your birthday tomorrow, ” Tony tries cheering her up. “Yeah! think of the cake!” Peter excitedly quips from behind her. “Yeah..think of...the cake,” Tony agrees in a weird tone while giving Peter a strange look.  Which the boy responds to with a big thumbs up. “I guess your right,” Sage murmurs pushing herself off of Tony's body, and turns to look at Peter. “See everything's great now,” Peter announces. “Yeah,” Sage smiles.

“So how's T’challa is he coming tomorrow? ” Tony queries looking down at Sage. “He is, and so is Okoye,” Sage informs Tony. “Who’s that?” Tony asks in total confusion. “She’s..a friend of mine,” Sage trails of. “I see,” He nods unsurely. “Well are things good other wise? ” He enquires looking down at the girl with all seriousness in his face. Sage's eyes flicker nervously from Tony to the floor, before swallowing an unknown lump in her throat. “Everything is fine,” She mumbles barely audible. “Are you sure Sage?” Tony questions once more this time looking at her more closely. “Yes Tony,” She sighs forcing a fake grin on her face. “Things are fine, everything is fine,” She assures, putting up a facade just for the sake of Tony's piece of mind.
It takes a moment before the man can respond, but he surely gives in to Sages lies.
-

3Hours.

it's been a while since Sage's arrival at Stark towers, and she's settled in quite quickly. She hasn't really come out of her room much, she's been resting for some time. Tony and Peter left her be, mainly because they could understand that she must be tired from her long flight back.

She spent most of the time beating herself up over the fact that she lied to Tony. That was something she never intended to do, but sadly it happened. And it's gonna happen tomorrow when T’challa arrives. She's going to pretend like everything is perfect for the sake of her loved ones. When in fact, everything is just beginning to fall apart all around her.