ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]

ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏᴜʀꜱᴇ ɪ'ʟʟ ꜰɪx ɪᴛ,
ᴡʜᴏ ᴇʟꜱᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ?

<>

Chapter 19

Scene One

[Shuri's Labratory]

[6:30 pm]

"Princess!"

The loud and boisterous yell of none other than the general herself fills the mostly quiet atmosphere of Shuri's laboratory as the woman barges in fuming with anger. A visible scowl crosses Shuri's face as she maneuvers from her desk towards the now open chamber of Sage's body in urgency, ignoring Okoye as best as she could.

"Princess?" Okoye barks once more as she catches sight of the scampering woman. "What is the meaning of this?" She questions in an authoritative yet shocked voice as she watches Shuri's movements with growing concern.

"You're asking as if you don't already know, Okoye," Shuri responds smartly, laced with a mix of exasperation and sharp wit. Her eyes trail Sage's body, landing on her chest, where visible cords are attached under her clothing. "I'm sure you've already talked to my brother and he's briefed you on Sage here," she continues, still not turning to look at the general, her focus solely on the task at hand.

"This is madness, Princess!" Okoye hisses, confirming Shuri's words. "This woman... She's a stranger, an outsider who we know nothing about. And from what Ayo has told me, she seems unstable and quite dangerous," Okoye complains, her worry etched into her face as she speaks with fervent emotion.

"Brother knows her, I'm sure he wouldn't bring someone dangerous into our home... Into his sister's lab," Shuri sighs, her voice a mix of frustration and defense in the face of Okoye's skepticism.

Shuri doesn't know Sage personally, and she doesn't have any particular feelings for the woman. Yet, she knows her brother and believes that his actions are always guided by the best interests of their family. While she doesn't have an emotional connection to Sage, she trusts her brother's judgment implicitly. As his sister, she's determined to support him, regardless of her personal opinions.

"Of course, I know the prince wouldn't endanger Wakanda, but this woman is someone he met briefly, under harsh and difficult circumstances. The person he knew there may not be the same as the one who appears here --and excuse me for saying this, but the person she was there doesn't seem like the kind i'd want in our kingdom" Okoye asserts sternly, unwavering in her concern.

Shuri stands her ground, her own determination unwavering. "I understand your concern, Okoye, but try to respect my brother's choices," she states firmly, her patience wearing thin as she just wants to focus on her work.

Okoye can't shake off the feeling that her concerns are being brushed aside, not just by T'Challa and Shuri, but even by the queen. With a huff of frustration, she takes a single step back, her anger momentarily subdued.