"Um no it isn't , little boy!" I said, making him chuckle.

"I'm not a little boy, believe me!"

"To me you are..how old are you , 15?" I asked sarcastically. He smirked.

" you tripping but I'm 18.. Older than you "princess"." he said , adding emphasis on 'princess'.

"Whatever , I'm Mercedes ." I said walking off, since everyone was going in the dining room. My mom sat down and I sat across from her, Lexus sat beside her , Jonathan sat on one of the ends and his son came and sat beside me .

"I'm August by the way!" He whispered to me as he sat down, I just nodded.

We said a prayer and begin eating.

After dinner, during desert...

"I got an Announcement.." John said, wiping his face with his napkin.

"Ok " my mom said, looking at him.

"I want to ask you for you hand in marriage Shellie , I love you and couldn't imagine life without you any longer .." He said grabbing her hand and pulling out a black box and opening it . I was shocked and knocked off guard, I saw August face as if he was too.

"Oh my gooosh! YAAY!" Lexus shrieked, I looked at her like 'bish whet ?'

My mom had her hands over her mouth as she ws beginning to tear up and she began to nodd. I was happy for my mom, for sure , but ugh it's complicated.

"Can I be a bridemaid?" Lexus asked, my mom had her ring on, looking at it. The she looked up at me and Lexus.

"You both will... We need to start planning.." She said with a wide smile.

"Of course!" John said smiling at her as they had a kiss..ermph.

"Umm I want to be excused.." I said and got up , going to my room.

I sighed loudly, trying to take all this in at one time. I grabbed my phone, unwrapped my earphones putting them In , turning on PillsNPotions by nicki minaji, just to help clear my mind .

August

"She'll be fine , just need time to think." Shellie said , referring to that Mercedes girl, I guess well who is now my sister? This is a lot of shit to take in, I don't blame ha' fa leavin.

"I'll check on ha!" I said , getting up and slowly went upstairs , going to the room I saw her go in. I opened it and saw her laying on her stomach , with her head on her folded arms. And she got ass but um..she my sister now . Well stepsister at that.

"Mercedes !" I said, she didn't answer.

"Mercedes !!" I said louder, then I noticed she had earphones in .

I came beside her and snatched it out her ear.

"Oh my god Lexus that's your....August ? Why you in here?" She asked, sitting all the way up.

"Calm down , I just came and checked on ya, make sure you ain't up here boo wooing !" I said , she fake laughed .

"I wouldn't cry even if your animal ass is about to be my brother!" She said, I fake gasped.

"Princess curse? Don't try to be bad, you're a good girl and ya know it ." I said , folding my arms.

"August were Finna go!" My dad yelled from downstairs .

"Ok!" I yelled back. "Bye little one!" I said pulling her curl. I turned around , bout to go downstairs then she kicked me . I turned around fast enough and grabbed her leg, and brought it back on her straight in the air, but It went all the way to the side of her face.

"Yeah...you tryna hurt me but I'm flexible !" She said.

"Is that right.." I said smirking and letting her go.

"August!!" My dad yelled again .

"I'm coming !" I yelled back. "Damn " I mumbled and Mercedes shook her head.

"Bye princess !" I said smiling, she grunted loud and slammed her door behind me as I left. I jogged downstairs , laughing at her little reaction. I gave Shellie and hug and thanks and said bye to Lexus . Then got in the truck with my dad.

"What took you so long? Was you.." I cut him off.

"No dad.." I said .

Might be a long ride....

Mercedes

That August boy is something else, how am I'm gonna live with him? This is too much. I group chatted my 2 best friends , on 3 way, Alyssa and Chandra.

Me]: hey y'all

Alyssa]: hey girl what's up

Chandra]: supp

Me]: nothing..besides john proposed to my mom and I got a step brother now -_-

Alyssa]: OMG fr? Is he cuuuuute ? (;

Chandra]: oh wow, I want a wedding invitation.

Me]: -__- y'all missing the point, the dude messed with me like all night

Alyssa]: maybe he likes you (;

Chandra]: or Tryna warm up to you :/

Me]: ermph..well he's dismissed cuz he can stop! But I'm bout to sleep this off goodnight

Alyssa]: lol nighty night

Chandra]: smh night

I put my phone on my charger and clapped my lights off. When I had got comfortable in my bed, my mom bust in and sat beside me on bed.

"How are you taking all this?" She asked, rubbing my arm. I moved it and turned on my side.

"I haven't exactly took it yet but I'll keep you posted!" I said

"Ok Mercedes , be like that, when you ready to talk, come to me!" She said and close my door as she left. I sighed and forced my eyes close, it's been a long evening. I'm just ready for school tomorrow .

.....

**Mercedes in media **

Hello, first chapter ! WHOOT WHOOT

Feedback !

-Diamønd