Chapter 28 arriving late

(Harry's P.O.V.)

So, Zayn and I arrive at the venue fifteen minutes late! It's a little frustrating, a little bit of a setback but now I just want to go and see Kayla. Liam and Kayla are sitting there in the lot; they look like they're just visiting with each other, which is a good thing if you ask me. I just hope something turns out right about today, because there hasn't been a whole lot about today that has, at least for me.
Before I do anything else, I run over to Kayla and hug her tightly. I am so glad that she can be back safe in my arms again. Then she and I go walk over to Zayn and Liam.
"Thank you Zayn for getting him here safely," Kayla says to him.
"It's no problem, Love," he replies and flashes that 'bad boy' smile at me. I smile back.
"Thank you, Liam for this, really," Kayla says to Liam,
"No problem, Love,"
"Okay, Kayla are you ready for this," I ask her.

I escort her into the venue where we are having this special celebration dinner. She takes one look around at everything and just gasps, her eyes get really wide and she seems surprised by something. So far I think I've done well, just based upon her reaction! There is one table sitting out in the very center of the dining room. The lighting is dim and there is a little bit of quiet romantic background music playing.
"Would you like to dance?" I ask her,
"Me, dance," she replies looking at me cautiously and then kind of huffs her breath.
"Okay, I will Harry but know it's because you asked me to... I am..." I don't let her finish her sentence because I know what she's going to say and I don't want her talking about herself like that so I shush her. I put my finger over her blabbering lips and shush her again.
"Kayla, don't worry, I can at least keep in rhythm so you don't have to worry, just follow my lead, will you?" I reassure her, taking her hands and putting them on my hips, then I place my hands on her shoulders. I look down into her eyes; she looks away from me and blushes. I just smile because I know it's my fault that she's blushing. We both start swaying back and forth in rhythm... I take a step she follows me... This is the kind of moment I want to experience with her... This moment is perfect!
"Why are you smiling like that?" she asks me,
"When I begin to look into your eyes, you look away from me and blush, I just find that extremely adorable!" I admit to her.
"Oh, well, I am afraid if I look into your eyes for too long I will faint, you have such gorgeous eyes," she tells me.
"Me, I have gorgeous eyes?"
"YES, YOU DO!" she exclaims with passion in her voice.
"Oh, okay, your eyes radiate beauty every time I look into them... I can't believe how long I've waited to find such a beautiful woman like you and I want you to know, it was worth everything to wait so I can have someone as beautiful as you!" I say and then smile. We continue to dance for a few minutes, she follows my lead. It's really nice to be able to connect with her like this without having to say anything. I spin her around a few times just for fun before we go to sit down at our table.

We take our seats at the table, I pull her chair out and scoot it in for her, and then I go take my own seat.
"You're such a gentleman, Harry," she compliments me.
"Thanks, and you're such a sweet lady," I tell her, smiling at her. "Are you ready for dinner, Love?" I ask her.
"Yes, and what exactly are we having for dinner?" she asks me.
"Well, you'll find out in just a moment," I tell her.
"Okay, I can't wait!" she exclaims.
"I know, I can't either, Love,"

We enjoy each other's company while we're sitting there waiting for dinner to arrive. It's really nice to be able to just get away from all the craziness and just be pulled back into some kind of normal reality. I feel like I have a normal reality especially when I am with Kayla. It's so nice.
Only a few minutes pass by and dinner finally arrives.
"Tonight, we are having steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and sweet corn." I inform Kayla as the waiter approaches us with our dinner plates.
"Ooohhh, Yummy," she replies, with a smile on her face.
"Yeah, I've been pretty excited to have this dinner,"

We dig in and we don't say a whole lot while we're eating dinner. I hope that means she's enjoying her food. Some girls I know, if they don't talk while they're eating they're not really enjoying it but some girls do enjoy it if they're not talking, I haven't quite been able to figure out which one Kayla is yet though, which is kind of sad, I should know by now but I don't.