Chapter 22 A brilliant idea

(Harry's P.O.V.)

The guys and I are sitting here about to start a song writing session and then it hits me: Inspiration... The thing I've been waiting for all day long! I'll write a song either about or for Kayla. It's pure genius! I better go discuss with Liam this idea I have though, he's got a lot of the creativity in writing and maybe he can give me a few ideas?
"Hey Liam," I say as I approach him
"Hey Mate," he says and looks up at me, "what's going on?"
"Well... I was wondering if you could help me a bit,"
"With what,"
"Well, there's this girl—"
"You're falling for a girl and you want to impress her?" he asks me.
"Well sort of,"
"Sort of,"
"She already was once mine, but we had a big fight, we both cheated on each other and now we're trying to repair our relationship, but what I want to do is try and see if I can sort of write a bit of a song for her,"
"OH, I see..."
"So, will you help me?"
"Sure why not,"
"I've already got a bit of an idea; part of this song can go 'Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you!'"
"I like that idea,"
"How about..." I say, thinking thoughtfully "...'don't need makeup to cover up,'"
"Yeh, that works, really well,"
"Or how about, we start off the song about being insecure or something like that?"
"Okay," Harry says, just then Louis walks in,
"What are you guys doing?"
"Writing a song, could we get your opinion?" I say.
"Sure, Mate,"
"Okay, this is what Liam and I have come up with so far, 'Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you!'"
"Nice, could I make a suggestion?" Louis asks,
"Sure, Mate,"
"Okay, how about 'you're insecure, don't know what for,'"
"LOUIS," I gasp as a huge smile comes across my face, THAT'S BRILLIANT, MATE? WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT?"
"Okay, Harry, we're all right here, you don't need to yell, although, I'll admit, Louis, Harry is right," Liam says.
"Well I do have my shining moments of brilliance,"
"What are the other two doing?"
"Playing video games, why?"
"Tell them to come here we need to have a song writing session, also invite anyone else who might be interested, aka anyone else you just happen to see along the way,"
"Okay," Louis says as he runs and skips high in the air as he leaves the room,
"Okay now, where were we?"
"Ummm... I dunno but here come the other guys,"
"Hey Guys, Harry and I have started to write a song we wish for some assistance if we may?"
"Okay, let's hear what you've got mate,"
"So far, this is it,"
"This is what we've come up with so far... 'Everyone else in the room can see it, don't need make up to cover up...' and we're going to start it off by saying something about being insecure so what do Zayn and Niall think?"
"I think you should add on something about being yourself," Niall says, and then Liam and Zayn look at each other.
"Nice, what about 'being the way that you are is enough,'" Zayn asks.
"Yeh," Niall randomly exclaims.
"Okay, so how about 'there's nothing compared to the way I feel about you,'?" Louis suggests,
"What do you guys think?" Liam says looking at the rest of the guys,
"Probably not,"
"Okay, Nice suggestion though,"
"Okay," Harry says trying to refocus the group.
"How about..." Niall says thoughtfully "no..." Niall says then trails off.
"What's your idea, Niall?" Liam asks,
"No, it's not that good," Niall says, and then Liam gets up, pats him on the head and smiles at him. We all just sit there for a minute thinking, 'what would be good lyrics to put here?'
"What about for the song... Not specifically at this point but somewhere... 'Every minutes like the last song,' or something," Liam suggests.
"No, that won't work," Zayn says and I nod my head in agreement
"So let's make..." Harry says thoughtfully "... How about 'You're insecure, don't know what for, being the way that you are enough' be in the first verse?" I ask.
"It's pretty good Harry," Liam replies.
"So, let's focus on the chorus now," I say,
"Okay, so what if part of it goes 'you light up my world, like nobody else,' how does everyone like that?" Niall suggests.
"That's great Niall!" everyone says in excitement,
"It is?" Niall says with happiness in his voice.
"Yes, Niall," I say looking at him,"
"How about we do something about the qualities in them, like for example how they're always being shy and not looking in our eyes" Liam says.
"Oh, let's go off of that idea," I say, "How about it starts off like this 'You're insecure, don't know what for...' and then we can go into detail explaining about their insecurities and how even they're beautiful?
So, we all spend a few hours writing this new song and eventually we decide to make it about all girls because all girls need to know that they are beautiful and they don't need to listen to what the media says about being a model, they just need to know that they're beautiful.
"So, do we feel confident that we have a good song?"
"Yeah," Zayn says.
"Okay, so let's go show Simon?" Liam says.
"Okay, let's go show Simon!" Louis and I both say enthusiastically together.
"Maybe we should review it one more time?" I say hesitantly.
"Yeah, he's right," Niall agrees,
"Okay, one more time," Liam says.
"I think it's still missing something," Zayn says,
"Like what, we haven't even started,"
"Like we still don't have the chorus right so... I have an idea... Let's make the chorus say 'Baby, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, because you light up my world like nobody else and you don't understand why I'd want you so desperately but I want you to know that you're beautiful,' or something like that?" Zayn suggests.
"Oh! That's good, but I don't think that's it, Zayn." I say, "We can expand on that idea a little more, though. I think we should anyway,"
"Okay, so what should we have after that?"
"What about this..." Liam suggests, "... 'But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell, you don't know you're beautiful,' or something like that?"
"Let's see how that sounds mate," I say looking at Louis in the eyes.
"So... we have... What?" Louis asks me.
"We have for the chorus 'Baby, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, because you light up my world like nobody else and you don't understand why I'd want you so desperately but I want you to know that you're beautiful' so far,"
"Okay, so, that still doesn't sound right," Niall says.
"Okay then how would you put it, Niall?" I ask.
"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know you're beautiful,'
"I like it," Louis says
"Maybe," Zayn says
"Sure," Louis says
"I like it," Liam says
"Yeh," Niall replies,
"Majority rules, sorry Zayn," I reply to Zayn.
"Its fine mate," he replies to me.

We end up spending a couple hours working on the song and trying to get the final product of what we want to show to Simon correct. Niall even brings his guitar out for a while so we can get a feel for what sounds might work in this song and what sounds might not, but the attempts of him playing guitar aren't as successful with what we as a group want for our first single want. He is a little disappointed and I have to admit so am I, I admire seeing Niall play guitar because he is so talented at it!
Finally we decide to call Kayla because for me she inspires me every time I talk to her, just hearing her sweet voice. Plus the other guys agree, that they could use a little bit of female motivation and are willing to try anything right now for that especially because we are all very tired. We've been at this for a very long time; it's almost four in the morning, which would put Kayla at about eight in the evening in her time zone, I think? I better be right about this.
I call Kayla and her phone is off, which I find very strange.
"Should we leave her a message guys?"
"Sure," Louis mouths and nods, and the rest of the guys nod along.
"Hey Kayla, its Harry"
"Louis," Louis says with enthusiasm
"Zayn," Zayn says awkwardly
"Liam," Liam says like he's professionally recording his voice for an advertisement or something for the first time. Louis and I look at each other and try not to laugh at him.
"And Niall," he says in his happy-go-lucky voice.
"Ummm... Hey Darling, we are in the studio and we've been at it for several hours and we were just hoping that you would be able to give us a little bit of inspiration but I guess your phone died or something happened? Anyways give me a call whenever you get this, Love you,"
"Love you Kayla," Louis says,
"Love you, Mate," Zayn says,
"Thanks Love," Liam says,
"Love you, Kayla," Niall says in a sweet Irish accent.
"Okay, we'll talk to you later," I say ending the conversation and hitting the end button on my phone.
"Well, now we need to decide, try to keep writing or go home and get some sleep? We also need to decide if we're going to wait a bit for Kayla to call Harry back or not," Liam says taking charge of the group.
"I think we should wait like a half hour at the most and if she doesn't call back by then we can just go home," Harry says.
"I agree with Harry," Louis says.
"Of course you do, Lou," Zayn says.
"Well, what do you think we should do then?" Louis says snapping at Zayn.
"HEY! Guys! I know we've been up late and we haven't got a lot of sleep but this is no time for starting to snap at each other!" Liam yells.
"Liam's right you know guys!" Niall says.
"Thanks Nialler," Liam says.
"So, maybe we should just go home, I can see we're starting to get on each other's nerves just a little bit..." Liam starts to say just then my phone begins to ring.
"It could be Kayla, hold on guys!" I say grabbing my phone. "Hello," I answer it, "It's Kayla, I am putting her on speakerphone," I inform the guys, "Kayla! I am going to put you on speakerphone, okay?"
"Okay," we all hear her say,
"Hi guys,"
"Hi Kayla, its Louis,"
"Hey Louis,"
"How are you doing Love?"
"Well, honestly, I am a little jetlagged right now," the moment she says that everyone turns their eyes on me like I'd been keeping secrets or something.
"Oh yeah, how was the flight here with mum, Love?"
"It was pretty good; we've gotten to know each other pretty well,"
"That's good, Okay, Kayla, we're calling you in hopes of getting some inspiration from you?"
"Inspiration, for what,"
"For the new song we're writing," Niall confesses.
"You guys are starting to write your first single?"
"Yeh, Niall wasn't really supposed to tell you so now you have to keep that information top secret for now, please, Love!" I tell her with an urgent tone of voice.
"Okay, I won't Harry,"
"Thank you, Love... So, Kayla, would you mind if the boys and I ask you some questions,"
"Okay,"
"It will probably just be the boys though,"
"Okay, go ahead,"
"So, Kayla, I'll start it off, this is Zayn by the way," Zayn says to Kayla,
"Hi Zayn," she replies
"Hey, how are you doing today?" he asks
"I have been pretty good," she says
"That's good," he replies
"Yeah, so, how are you doing?" she asks
"I am doing pretty well," he says
"That's good," she replies.
"Kayla, I am going to be right back, I am going to give the phone to one of my other mates for a second," he tells her.
"Okay,"
"Hey Kayla, its Liam,"
"Hi Liam,"
"How are you doing?"
"I am alright, how about you?"
"I am a little stressed, but pretty good otherwise,"

Kayla, the guys and I all end up talking on the phone for a couple hours. Then once I take it off speakerphone I ask her about how the flight and everything went. It's really nice to just talk to her eventually Louis and I decide that we are going to my house, despite the fact that Kayla is there. Louis says he won't mind and plus he lives with women around him all the time... He has a bunch of sisters so it's not really going to feel different than if he were at home... Honestly I think he just wants to avoid going home for another day or two because something happened there... Or maybe he just likes hanging out with me? I know I like being able to hang out with him all the time, so I guess I could see why he would want to do that. Or maybe he's just nervous to get back to that? Who knows? I would've thought he would have wanted to go back home by now.