Chapter 1

My phone vibrates waking me up from an amazing dream.  These last few months without Colin have been treacherous, sleep is ragged at best as I miss our daily calls.  The beginning of the tour was great we were able to talk frequently but as it took off in popularity between concerts and interviews, it petered out to the occasional texts every few days. I won't deny I miss him, but I also can't be the one who denied him this amazing opportunity.  The trust issue was the biggest, but we've overcome some major hurtles the last bit that I think it's time to just break out of my comfort zone and not listen to the little voice in the back of my head.  He's mine.  Simple.  Must trust him. 
My hand fumbles and my phone hits the floor.  “For fuck sakes! Whoever is texting me at 430 in the morning is dead!!” I mumble to myself as my hand makes contact with my phone, but my anger is short lived when I see the name on my screen
“Hey Kitten, I'll be back in NY in a couple hours.  Have 3 interviews when I arrive, then the last show tonight.  Can't wait to find your arms again”
I lean back into my pillows a huge sigh expelling through my lips.  I'll admit, I can't wait til he's back in my arms too, I don't want to seem like the clingy type, and I won't admit to him that I have an entire new folder of lyrics of how I've felt while he was gone. 
“Can't wait!” I respond after a few minutes, ok so I'm not adverse to giving him a little guilt for waking me up this early. 
I know I won't get back to sleep now so decide to take advantage of the early morning to take a quick jog.  Normally I reserve these for weekends, to just refresh, but I'm in a good enough mood that I feel like running.  Unlike normal runs I chose not to take my head phones and opt to listen to the sounds of the park.  After an hour I'm back in my apartment and hopping in the shower. 
I let the hot water flow over my skin.  I decide to wash my hair with my better shampoo and use my better soaps.  Colin has no idea that I bought a ticket to the show tonight.  I'm planning on surprising him.  I'm sure Adam and Doris will be there as well, but I'm not overly worried about their plans.  After Colin left, I tried to keep the practices going but after a couple Doris lost het shit, screamed on how “fucking useless” it was to practice without our vocalist, walked out and refused to return.  With two members down, there was no reason to get together.  I talked to Adam once or twice a week, but he'd found himself a girl and between that and surfing well, didn't leave much time.  Though I'll admit Quinn is a perfect match for him. 
I wrap my hair in a towel and head to make the necessary coffee to get through the day. I sit on the bench over looking the city and watch it wake up while I sip my black gold. In less than 24hrs I will be in the love of my life's arms and the feeling warms me up more than my cup of coffee. I finish getting ready for work, choosing a pair of black leggings, knee high heeled boots and a long flowy light grey blouse.  I pull my hair back into a fancy half – up/ half – down do and head out the door. 
The walk isn't far from my front door to the offices of Carter Corp. I arrive at the same time as my best friend, and as Lisa and I embrace the voice of Matt envelopes both of us.  “Now how do I become a sandwich?” We both laugh and I take a friendly swipe at his head.  “Now Amber, I thought you'd be in a good mood! “ he laughs as he dodges my hand.
“I'm very much in a good mood Mr. Ortega. Just because I fail to fall for your smart assed remarks doesn't mean otherwise!” I laugh out.
“Well princess, it's best that I am a smart ass and not a dumb ass!!” Matt smiles his devilish smile as he pushes the button on the elevator on the door to bring us up to our floor. 
Once we arrive we set down at our desks and get to work, though my mind is far away from the task at hand.  The morning flies by at an exceptional rate, and before I know it, Matt is getting up smiling and tapping me on the shoulder, “Hey, Amber, lunch time. I'm headed to the sushi bar down the street want to come?” Matt stretches as he waits and smiles as I wrinkle my nose. 
“Matt that stuff will kill you one day.  If you eat sushi at least go to a place that looks reputable and doesn't smell like the fish came from Wal-Mart!”
“Your loss!” He smirks as he walks to the elevator
“Yeah, because no one wants to miss out on food poisoning “ I laugh at him as I grab my bag and head down to the café attached to the office.  Not a lot of options but my stomach is flipping and I'm not very hungry, only a few hours left til the concert.  I can't wait to see his reaction when those amazing eyes land on me.  I'd paid extra to get front row and center so that him missing me would be impossible. 
I sit in the café and listen to the little TV in the corner, they are playing one of the interviews Colin did this morning.  I smile as his smooth voice fills the room and washes over me.  The other girls are chattering about how sexy he is and how they wished they knew who this girl he talks so highly of when he is asked about if there is a special someone in his life. 
The door opens with a whoosh as the wind catches the door sending my napkins flying.  I sigh and stand up bending over to grab a few of the napkins that were still in arms length on the floor. I am slightly annoyed and don't even notice that the chatter has ceased and the café is unnaturally quiet.
“If I knew that would be the view that greeted me back at Carter Corp I'd of come back sooner.” The velvet voice that moments ago had been in the TV is now exceptionally close and I feel those storm blue eyes penetrating into my backside that is ungracefully bent over the chair, a napkin in my hand.  I stand up in a flurry hitting my head against the table and turn around, hand on my head, the pain is short lived.  I can barely believe my eyes at how beautiful he is and that he's standing in front of me. 
I break out in the largest smile as I propel myself at him.  “COLIN!!!” My arms encircle his neck as he catches me around my waist, he takes a couple steps back from the force.   My lips are crushed against his as he smashes his into me.  He's smiling and looks exhausted as he raises his head.  He sets me down but refuses to remove his arms.  I snuggle myself into him as much as I can, not even aware that everyone is staring at us, answering the chatter questions from earlier.
“How are you here? What about your interviews? What about prepping for the concert tonight?” I  blurt out all the questions at once and he smiles brushing a piece of my bangs out of my eyes. “Slow down kitten, questions after I'm done enjoying this. I've missed you.”
I keep eye contact and wrap my arms around his waist so we can be even closer. We just stand there looking at each other. “I think I missed you more.” I  smile into his chest. “No way in hell!” He whispers against my hair causing me to melt even more into him. 
I am suddenly very aware of a person very agitated beside me.  “Ms. Flanagan, I'm pretty sure a) your lunch break is over and b) groping a co- worker in such a manner could be taken as sexual harassment.  Mr. Spencer. “ Cassidy adjusts her shirt to flaunt her cleavage. And she accuses me Of Sexual Harassment……
Colin lowers his head again smiling into my hair.  “She’s right unfortunately kitten. I also have another interview across the street in about 45 minutes.  I'll see you after the show tonight.” Colin pulls away from me and I feel instantly empty again, 15 minutes after all this time was not enough.  I sigh resigned. He laughs.  “In a couple hours you will have so much of me you'll be tired of me!” “I doubt that.” I reply as I turn away.  His hand makes contact with my ass as I walk towards the elevator. I flash my eyes over my shoulder, speaking volumes, the look in his eyes reading the same message.  This afternoon is going to go by so slowly……