Chapter - 10

"I ... Um I do not know how to cook." Nandini whisper back. Ranbir broke into merciless laugh and said "Then fucking learn darling! Learn" and continued "or you only know how to wear pretty dress or make pretty dress. Huh? Do not just waste my or others time, go do your job." Ranbir ordered "Malti, Show the kitchen to your Nandini madam and tell today's menu to her." And leave for his office. In mean time, Mamaji returns from early morning visit to temple and watch this scene with amusement, also thought about the fun she is going to have.

Nandini followed Malti like lost puppy with no idea of the kitchen where it is or how to cook any meal, except Maggi. While walking Malti spoke for the first time "There are three times meal , you have to prepare – breakfast lunch and dinner. For breakfast, make some chicken sandwich today and for lunch make Rice, yellow dal, sabzi jaalfrezi, chicken curry and raita. People like these dishes. I will tell you menu for dinner later on." Nandini was gaping at Malti with wide eyes and whisper "How? So much?" Remembering something, Malti spoke "Oh prepare breakfast by 9 a.m only and then lunch by 12 p.m. They will collect Tiffin by 12.30 p.m" and proceed to another large room which seems like kitchen, "Here it is then – your kitchen." And then started to leave the room. "Please Malti aunty, help me" Nandini spoke timidly, not sure whether she hates her like others or not. Malti stopped on her track and turn to look at Nandini and spoke "Sorry kid, can't help you. Oh, remember you have to make food for 10 people. Ten main people eat food daily from your kitchen." Nandini could not stop lone tear escape her eyes, hearing that she thought 'How on earth I will be doing this?'

"Start preparing breakfast if you want to meet the time" by saying that Malti leave Nandini at her kitchen. Nandini took few minutes to calm herself with some pep talk "OK, there is nothing much I can do about the situation. So, let's go to the preparation." After this pep talk, she started searching for bread and found some in refrigerator "OK, I got bread, now I need butter, black pepper, tomato, cucumber, capsicum and egg. Yes that's what it is needed to make." With this plan, she started preparing sandwich but got late as first timer which resulted Ranbir and others to left early. Nandini got scared with this "Oh no! How could I get late Multi Aunt? I swore I will make it on time tomorrow. But please aunt, please save from him." She was literally shaking while talking. "OK calm down kid, you just start preparing lunch and make it on time, so that they can forget breakfast incident. OK?" Malti told Nandini on which Nandini only nodded her head and got kitchen to start preparing for lunch.

Lunch was packed and left on schedule time but only Nandini was restless. She knows what she has done and what will be her punishment. She could not even taste any of the food with this limited time but she knows it will not be edible. 'What to do?' Nandini thinks to herself "Should I learn to make rice, dal and sabzi from Malti aunty? Yes I should." Nandini reach to dinning place where every house hold were sitting and eating their food. Suddenly everybody stopped their chat and looked at her cautiously. "Malti aunty, can you please come to kitchen once you are done eating?" Nandini asked that to Malti and Malti nod her head in affirmative way. Nandini left for kitchen where her favorite food was waiting, well now she just hate Italian pasta. But it is her food, so she started eating that without any argue.

In mean time in dining hall, everyone was asking Malti why Nandini was telling her to meet, is she asking for some help from Malti. They are also informed her that helping Nandini is out of question as Ranbir has clearly instructed nobody will help Nandini. With heavy heart of all these information, Malti left to kitchen and entered when Nandini was washing some dish and spoke "Do you know if they have been done having lunch? I have to wash used dishes and start mopping as well." Nandini continued when Malti was standing at the kitchen door waiting for her turn to say, "Also, I have to learn preparing lunch aunty, I know today's was worst and I am scared HE will punish me for that. Please teach me how to do that aunty, I am quick learner. I do not want to get punished every day. Please!" Nandini requested with tear threaten to leave. "OK kid, no worry! I will teach you."

In mean time, two cars parked at mansion and avery angry Ranbir gets down with the Tiffin box in hand. Mohan and Arijit were staringto be on their toe to keep up with him. "Ranbir please... she does not know howto do. Please give some time." Mohan tried to convince Ranbir. "Enough Mohan.Stop fucking defend her already. People did not have their breakfast and nowthis lunch. Huh?" "You did not give her any chance to learn Ranbir. Please donot punish her today." Mohan almost pleaded but Ranbir shouts "NANDINI! COMEHERE".