Camila cleared her throat. "How have you been?"

"I never got to say goodbye to you."

She shifted her gaze to the moon again. "You sure know how to make small talk, Mason."

"Mila. I never got to say goodbye."

Taine felt guilty. Like he was intruding on something private. Something he shouldn't see, but something he couldn't look away from.

Raising her voice slightly, her eyes snapped back at him, "I never got to say goodbye to anyone. Not even them. All of it nearly killed me. There isn't much I can do to change that."

The man, took her hand in his, "I know coming here makes you feel close to them." Camila nodded in response.

"Are you happy?"

She pulled her hand away."Yes, I'm fine."

"Mila don't lie. Not to me."

"There isn't much I can say. I feel like there's a hole in my heart and the emptiness eating me alive. The worst part is, I know that there isn't anything I can do about it. I am so homesick it's crazy."

"Then stay. Or run, I don't know, do something!"

"You know I can't..."

"Why? You're not telling me something."

"Its just...I'm not just 'Mila' anymore, I'm going to be a  Luna with a mate now. I have responsibilities."

"Well screw that...You'll always be our Mila here. You'll always just be Mila to me."

Camila, eyes downcast began picking at the grass. " Mason it's my destiny or some bull like that. I'm here now and I will take what happiness I can get."

The man, whose name had finally been revealed sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "And hows the guy, treating you, alright? Better than that first night?"

Taine bared his teeth again. He was not just a 'guy.' He was an Alpha and her mate. Taine noticed Camila didn't lift her head, to meet Masons gaze.

"He's fine...He...I couldn't even tell you one thing about him, I barely know him...Things are strained and unfamiliar in so many ways. The place, the life, the soulmate, the secrets...I just don't know what direction I'm moving in half the time."

"You may feel bound to him, but you don't love him. You are only there because you have to be."

Camila and Taine both flinched at the words spoken so truthfully.

She didn't respond.

"I wish you were still here. With me."

Camila looked up into his eyes and searched his face. The words that had just been spoken had an immense impact on everyone in the forest that night. Something seemed to change within Camila. She stood up quickly.

Her mood shifted and was now lighthearted, but it was forced. "Hey Mason, since when are we so serious. C'mon, I'm leaving tomorrow morning so walk me back. It's our last chance to catch up."

They walked back slowly through the forest talking, laughing, arms close. Taine close.

Eventually, the pair had reached the pack house and were preparing to part.

"You're leaving in the morning. Come spend some time with me?"

Camila shook her head and laughed, "No I have a date, with my favourite man!"

Mason chuckled, "Sam sure is a lucky four-year-old."

"We're having breakfast tomorrow morning."

"He misses you... Jake does too, even though he doesn't show it."

"Jake? He is more than fine. I think he just misses someone to get into trouble with or someone to save his ass constantly... I don't think we're talking about Jake anymore."

"I'm still going to wake up to see you tomorrow."

"Mason, let's be honest, you aren't able to function before ten o' clock. It's okay, I don't want a big soppy farewell...It's not going to make anything easier."

"Camila..I..."

"Mason, I can't do this. Let's just live in the memories of before and not ruin things. We are going different ways now."

With that Camila slowly stepped away from him and made her way back to her bedroom. Taine had already been waiting in his room, watching the interaction from the balcony. He couldn't hear anything but he could see the way Masons, eyes followed Camila, practically begging her to turn around. Taine had never hated someone more.