34

Over the next two months, Sarina set up the nursery. Mason helped whenever he was home, building flat packs and painting them, helping with the cot and bassinet plus building the drawers and change table.

Sarina spent the days combing the shops for the perfect items for the baby. From baby blankets and cushions for the rocking chair. Little decorative artwork on the walls to tiny hangers in the closet.

As the days came closer to Sarina's due date, she had packed the baby bag and just finished her bag.

"I'm so nervous." She admitted to Mason.

"It's okay. I'll be there the whole time. Sofía will be flying in soon and my mother will be on stand by too." Mason massaged Sarina's feet as she lounged on the bed. "How about you sleep. I know I need it."

"Why would you need it more than me?" Sarina teased Mason with a playful kick.

"Because every time we cuddle when we sleep, this little soccer player keeps kicking me."

"Well there's nothing I can do about that." Sarina said in a matter of fact tone. "Besides, I can't sleep."

"Why ever not now?" Mason asked as his hands went higher up Sarina's legs.

"Baby is hungry."

With a groan, Mason took his hands away from Sarina. "What will it be tonight?"

Sarina but her bottom lip. "Vanilla ice cream, and peanut butter."

Mason nodded as he picked up the car keys.

"Oh and another large bag of oranges please."

"Your cravings will be the death of me." Mason joked as he walked out off the room.

Upon his return, Sarina had had set up a little grotto in the bed as she balanced the ice cream on her stomach.

Sarina felt at peace. She had learned to live with her past. Accepted her nightmare. She had a brilliant relationship with her mother who was due to fly in soon for a month.

Sarina was loved and treated like a daughter from Jane and David. David had changed his tune ever since he found out about the baby.

Mason worked for himself, David and Sarina, accepting the workload and hired a few people to help him. Whenever he had spare time, he would help Sarina do bits and pieces in the nursery.

"I'll redecorate one of those other bedrooms when the baby is older, have it all set up for a girl or boy." Sarina said when they had finally finished the nursery.

But in the mean time, it was set up for Sarina's mother. Sarina's belly was getting bigger by the day as she waddled out of the baby room.

The remaining months of Sarina's pregnancy came to an end as the days ticked by.

Sarina spent most of her days in the lounge room, her large stomach preventing her to get up as freely as she wanted.

Her mother was a huge help and helped Sarina get the last of the baby clothes ready. Sarina was itching to get more, but not knowing the gender, it was hard for Sarina to buy them.

"According to an old wives tale," Jane said as the three women sat and had tea. "The slow heart beat means a girl.... Or was it a boy?" Jane pondered.

"But your stomach, look how large you are at the front. You can't even tell that you're pregnant from the back. That means it's a boy." Sofía smiled.

"It doesn't matter." Sarina smiled as she rubbed her stretched skin on her stomach. "As long he or she is healthy."

"That's right." Sofía agreed.