3

Sarina sat in her favourite chair on a silk dressing gown, staring at the white dress in front of her.

Ginny had done her hair and even her make up as the dreaded day has come.

Looking out the window, Sarina saw the guests arriving. There will be no one here that she knows. This was a business wedding, to suit her father.

Rolling her head back to the dress and staring at its brilliant shine of white, it made Sarina angry. She wasn't even allowed to go look for a wedding dress. Ginny had to measure her and give the measurements to Malcolm who took care of the rest.

The dress was the elephant in the room. Neither Ginny nor Sarina speak as they got ready for the day. But it wasn't long before Ginny had to go to her next job of catering downstairs.

Getting up, Sarina went to the dress, running her finger over the fabric. All she wanted to do was rip it off the hanger and destroy it. But she had already been threatened not to disrupt the day.

Sarina took off her dressing gown and put the dress on over her head. It slipped down her body as Sarina fixed up the neckline. It was another dress with a high neckline. The long sleeves were plain and the dress itself was very modest. Just white. No patterns, no lace, no beads. Sarina slipped on her white heels and placed the veil on top of her head.

She turned to the door as there was a quick rap and it opened. Jane Hunter walked in and smiled the minute she saw Sarina. She walked over, her hands outstretched. "You look amazing."

"Thank you." Came Sabrina's small squeak.

"I know you are nervous and all, but it's time."

Sarina took a gulp and nodded. It was time for her to get married. If it was the only way for her to leave the Lopez home then so be it. Jane walked with her to the back door and left her there to tell Malcolm he was up.

Malcolm came to his daughter, a fake smile on his face as he weaved his arm through Sarina's.

Sarina stiffened at the touch but continued on. The music changed and she took it as her queue. "Don't stuff this up." Malcolm muttered through his fake smile as he nodded towards some people in the small crowd. Sarina ignored him as she stared straight ahead.

Mason was there, in a tuxedo, he looked exactly how Sarina felt. Trapped. "Stop it." Sarina whispered at her father. She had hoped in some way he would just collapse and die, calling the wedding and the business deal off.

"Just don't stuff up." Then Malcolm kissed his daughters cheek.

Mason took Sarina's hand and yanked it to the middle of them. They stood there, both blank faced as they listened to the priest. The ceremony was long and boring and Sarina kept getting distracted.

When the part came up about any objections, Sarina held her breath. She don't know why, she had no one here that would object to this, no one to fight for her.

"You may kiss the bride." The priest announced. Sarina and Mason looked at each other, uncertainty filled her. Mason moved down and kissed Sarina, quite hard for several seconds before releasing her.

Sarina stood back, dazed and shocked. Everyone stood and politely clapped then started chatting to each other.

Sarina was left by herself at the bridal table as everyone around her talked. She felt even more lonely than she ever has and wished for the day to be over.

The music started and her father announced it was time for the bride and grooms first dance. Sarina moved her eyesight away from her father and the dance floor when she saw Mason. He was being ushered over to her by his mother.