18

"He suggested we should travel." Sarina stated as she spoke to Dr Young.

"That's a good idea. Get you out off the house for a while."

"Yeah. I always wanted to travel." Sarina placed the empty tea cup down on its saucer.

"Have you thought much about your palm reading?"

Sarina shook her head. "It's all bogus. We define ourselves, not live in fear of what we were told might happen."

"Fair enough. How about your father?"

Sarina stilled. She had to talk to her father and get things off her chest. "I'm not ready to cross that bridge yet. I rather watch it burn."

"How are you progressing about your mother?"

"I had asked Mason to get someone to look for photos, but I haven't heard back yet."

"What about your marriage?"

Sarina took a deep breathe. This was her last involuntary visit from the doctor Robert Young.

"It doesn't feel like a marriage. It feels like we are just getting to know each other."

"That's quite common with this kind of situation."

"I'm trying." Sarina poured herself a fresh cup of tea from the teapot. "I see Mason trying as well and well, I'm trying." Sarina let out a nervous laugh.

"Are you taking your tablets."

Sarina nodded. "Yes. They are helping. I'm not as jittery any more. My nightmares are gone."

Sarina was interrupted by knocking.

"Ah, Mr Hunter, come in." Robert said as Mason came in to the room and sat next to Sarina.

"How's the verdict?" Mason said.

Sarina gasped as him. "That's blunt!"

"It's okay, Sarina." Robert settled her. "Mr Hunter,"

"Mason." Both Sarina and Mason corrected the doctor at the same time.

"Mason." Robert smiled. "Well after a week of visits, and 10 hours of consulting Sarina, yes. I have a verdict."

Sarina sat quietly as Mason weaved his fingers in with Sarina.

"This is up to Sarina to disclose this kind of information."

Robert looked at Sarina as she nodded. "It's okay. Mason is my husband."

Mason stared at Sarina. She meant it. It wasn't spiteful or full of hate. She meant it.

"Sarina has PTSD. Affects that have happened over the years with her father."

"PTSD?" Mason turned to Sarina. "Was he that bad?"

"No! There was no sexual abuse. It was more physical, emotional, financial and security." Sarina stated as she placed her other hand on top of her held hand.

"Many snippets over her life meshed together can cause a small dramatic effect. But combine that with anxiety and depression and PTSD can make a person feel worse and bring on more depression. It's a vicious cycle."

"So Sarina has depression." It wasn't a question, it was a fact.

"Sarina." Robert turned to his patient before he went on. "Sarina has never had a choice in her life and being forced into a milestone that she never wanted has caused it. But she has told me she is trying to move on from that point."

Mason looked over at Sarina as she kept her head down. A small smile had appeared on his face. "She is." Mason agreed. "Thank you."

Sarina and Mason stood up and walked Dr Young out. Sarina parted them at the stairs as she went upstairs and Mason followed shortly after.