Chapter 10: This is goodbye?

Captain America's pov:
We all went to the surface of the helicarrier and watched Israa getting into a helicopter with Fury and taking off. Just in a matter of seconds, Tony ran after the helicopter until he reached the edge of the helicarrier then flew after it. "Go on and tell her, Tony!", Akira shouted from the top of his lungs making me and the others look at him in surprise. But he didn't seem to care at all. I smiled sadly and looked at Iron Man. 'All that matters now is that you tell her about your feelings before she was gone, Tony.', I thought and hoped that he could reach her in time.

Tony's pov:
She's leaving. I need to say it now or else I'll never get the chance! "Israa!", I shouted from the top of my lungs with pain in my heart. In a few seconds, the door of the chopper opened up revealing Israa with tears flowing from her eyes, "Tony!", she shouted and that made it harder for me to say goodbye to her! It hurts both me and her. This was so unfair.

Come on, Stark! You need to gather your guts and tell her before it's too late! "I love you! And I'll never forget you!", I managed to say. She cried more then shouted: "Me too! I'll never forget you or the others! You'll always be in my heart, Tony! Always!"
With that, I stopped following the chopper and waved goodbye reluctantly, and she did the same. I went back to the Avengers tower with the others then locked myself in my lab and cried my heart out probably for the first time after my parents died. She's gone. And I didn't get to hear her answer to my proposal. And so, I'm heartbroken yet again.

Israa's pov:
After what felt like an eternity, the helicopter reached the sky of Palestine. My home. I'm supposed to be happy after being away for so long, so why am I so sad and broken?

I stepped out of the chopper and went to my uncle Ali's house. He and his wife Shereen were happy to see that I was alive and well. But I wasn't happy to see my cousin Hasan; because he participated in torturing me with the rest of the Victor Snake members. I avoided looking at him and ran to the room my uncle had prepared for me and locked the door then threw myself at the bed, crying my heart out. 'I don't wanna be forced into marrying him! I don't wanna!', I thought as I remembered the past. Before I knew his true nature, I was engaged to Hasan and everything was alright. He treated me "nicely" and respected my opinions, and I thought that life was good. Until one day, dad found out that he was a drug and weapons dealer and broke the engagement then told uncle Ali about it. The whole village knew about it in a few weeks and the head of the village exiled him. I was there the day that happened and saw him threatening to come back and make everyone pay, especially me. And it really happened, he had help from both Victor Snakes and Hydra to make it happen. My life was ruined that day. I'm really surprised that uncle Ali allowed this bastard to come back.

Just as I was lost in thoughts, the door knocked.

Israa: Who's there?

Shereen: It's me, dear. Please let me in.

Israa: *wipes away her tears and opens the door* Hey, aunt Shereen.

Shereen: Are you alright?

Israa: Not really. *looks down*

Shereen: You miss the Avengers already?

I looked up and smiled sadly. I loved aunt Shereen and uncle Ali. They would always understand me. "Yeah. I do.", I said in a shaky voice and aunt Shereen hugged me tightly. "We saw you with them on Tv. You seemed really happy, especially with Iron Man.", when she mentioned him, I couldn't hold back any longer and bursted into tears. I wanna go back to them! They're my friends... My family! And I felt safe with them!

"Stupid Fury and his stupid decisions!", I shouted in between my sobs as I hugged back. After hours of crying, I calmed down and looked at her. She smiled at me and gave me a letter. I looked at her with confusion and she said: "A nice young man came here yesterday and told us about the situation. He asked us to give you this."
I blinked and opened the letter then started reading:

"Dear Israa,
I heard all about your exciting adventures with the Avengers, and I'm sad to hear that you had to leave them. I also have heard from your uncle and his wife that Hasan will force you into marring him in order to stop treating the villagers badly. But fear not. I will come with a few friends and get you out of there. Just like we did that other day when you were enslaved by the Victor Snakes.
Wait for us
Best regards from the maverick hunters
Zero Omega"

I teared up after finishing the letter. So his name is Zero, huh? I noticed there was a little more written: "P.S: One of them is one hell of a demon hunter and he's a jerk sometimes. So sorry in advance. 😅" I chuckled at the remark and aunt Shereen smiled a bit.

I wiped away my tears and hid the letter in my closet. Then, I went downstairs with her and everything went normally. Well, except the perverted looks I had from Hasan? Yeah, everything went well. -_-" I really hope Zero and his friends would help me get away from him.