Chapter 7: Meeting Pepper

Tony's pov:
Today was quiet. The same thing we do usually. Waking up, eating breakfast, listening to Israa's lessons about Islam with the kids. And of course...training. This was my worst part of the day. Wasp, Israa, Loki and I always stop at one point. But Cap and the others? Sheesh! They're training freaks!

"Cap? I think that's enough for today.", Israa said. Oh my. She looks even cuter today. Or maybe it's just my imagination? Mehh. Doesn't matter. -3-
"I think you're right.", Cap said then told Thor and Hulk to stop the training, which they did. And we all went to the living room where the kids were watching the news. "Hey, Tony! Miss Israa is on Tv! 😃", Akira shouted excitedly and we all chuckled then sat with them to watch the news. He was right. The news were casting how Israa was protecting everyone around the world along side us.

"Well, what do you know? Everyone accepted you as a hero.", Loki said as he smiled at Israa. The muslim girl just chuckled and kept looking at the screen with a smile. I could tell she was happy to be accepted. Given that some racist idiots consider muslims as terrorists. What a joke! If they only listen to what muslims have to say, they'll know who the true terrorists are!
Anyways, I had an idea after hearing the news. "Let's throw a party!", I shouted like an excited five years child who just got some candy. Everyone looked at me and boy. Israa's soft chuckle was...sweet. I keep falling for her each day passing.

"What's the party for, Mr. Stark?", Hikaru asked still shocked from my earlier action. I grinned widely like a complete idiot -Thank god Pepper isn't here to shout at me- and said: "Why. To celebrate our victory, of course! I'll even invite everyone! We'll have so much fun!"

Everyone were happy with my idea. But Israa wasn't sure about attending. I could tell by the look in her eyes. "Uhm, is there going to be alcoholic drinks in the party?", so that's what's bothering her? No. I have the feeling it's something else. "Y-Yeah. But hey! I can make it work without alcohols!", I said happily hoping that she would attend. However, I was disappointed. "Sorry. But I still can't attend.", she then looked at us with a smile, "I can't ruin your fun because of my traditions. See ya!", then she ran off before any of us could say anything. Akira and the kids were frustrated, and so were we. I sighed then we started preparing for the party.

Israa's pov:
Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did I run out of the tower?! They'll think that I hate parties! Well, the reason I said was just an excuse. I actually wanted to avoid Tony. Damnit! What's wrong with me?! Even thinking about him makes me blush!

"I guess it can't be helped.", I said as I took a seat in the cafe Wasp told me about and ordered myself a cup of tea. "What can't be helped?", I heard a woman's voice say and turned around to see the owner, a woman in a white jacket and skirt. She had red hair and gray eyes. "May I sit with you?", she asked me with a smile and I nodded for her to sit down. As she sat, she looked closely at me and said: "Sorry for bothering you. My name's Virginia Potts. But my friends call me Pepper."

Waiiit. Pepper?! Tony's ex-girlfriend?! Wow. How ironic fate can be! "You are?", I was pulled out of my thoughts by her question. I gathered my guts and answered: "I'm Israa Mustafa, the new member of the Avengers. Nice to meet you."
I forced a smile to my face and tried not to give any hint of sadness. "Nice to meet you too, Israa. Can you tell me what's bothering you?", she asked. I wasn't sure if I should tell her about this. She might still have feelings for him. "W-Well..." "It's about Tony, isn't it?", I stayed silent for a second then, "Kind of. How did you know that?", I asked a bit surprised. "Well, I have experience with him. He would always do something stupid unintentionally and make others feel bad. Is this what happened with you?", I just stared at the red haired woman for a few minutes. But they felt like a few hours to me. "Well... I...", I feel hot right now. Am I blushing?! "Oh?~ Someone is in love with Tony Stark~", she said with a smirk making me blush e ven more. This is insane! I'm not in love with him!... Am I?

"Well, you can't hide it from me. Your face is all red.", she chuckled after saying that. And to be honest, she was right. I can't hide my feelings from anyone. Mom always knew when I was sad or happy or nervous. I'm such an emotional bag. Well, that's not wrong. Emotions are part of human nature, we just need to show in the right way Allah guided us to.

"You got me there. I...might like Tony a little bit."

"Just a little bit? 🌚"

"😳 Y-Yeah."

"Uh huh. Sure thing~ 😏"

"Pepper! 😖"

She laughed at my reaction and I looked at her then laughed a bit. Then, I gathered up my courage to ask her, "Hey, Pepper? Why did you break up with Tony?", her smile faded when I asked her that. I know I'm in no place to ask her that but...I'm just curious. "Simply, he decided to stay in his superhero world while he has a company to take care of. Well, he left the paper work for me. So I broke up with him, but I still see him as a good friend. And I wish to see him happy.", she smiled at me as she said that and I felt different. It's like... I wanted to be with Tony even more now. I paid the waiter and stood up with a smile. I thanked Pepper for spending time with me then went back to the tower and helped preparing for the party.

~time skip -3-~

"Great. He's drunk again. 😑"

"Aw man! This is so uncool, Tony!"

"Let me be samurai boi~~~"

Wow, Tony. Just wow. I didn't expect him to get this drunk. "Someone has to get him to his room.", Cap said and I was about to volunteer but he didn't let me say anything. "Other than Israa.", okay. I was a little disappointed at that. "Cap, come on. I can handle him.", I said and he looked at the others then sighed in defeat. "Alright, Israa. But Chris and I will come with you in case he tried to do something stupid.", I agreed to his conditions and carried Tony then went to his room with Cap and Chris following me.

Luckily, nothing bad happened. I put him in bed and turned around to walk outside the room but Tony grabbed my arm. I looked at him with confusion and he surprised me, "Israa, you're so pretty~", I blushed deep red then pulled my arm from his grasp and ran straight to my room. I changed my clothes and threw myself in my bed. Goddamnit, Tony! Now I can't sleep!

I closed my eyes and hoped to have good dreams. However, I started hearing voices in my head. They were demonic and feminine. I snapped my eyes opened and prayed to god that it was just in my head. But I heard them again. This time, it was louder as if the being was right next to me. I suddenly felt sharp pain in my head and before I could collect my thoughts on what was going on, I collapsed on my bed again. The last thing I heard was an insane laugh and someone saying: "Don't you worry. I'll make him yours soon~"
After that, everything went black.