Chapter 22- END

Riley's POV
I asked Justin to not leave me alone at all with Ethan in the house. Of course he agreed. I can still tell he thought I was being ridiculous. I have a bad feeling though.

I wiggle around the bed back and forth, trying to reach for Justin. When I find that both sides of the bed are empty I shoot straight up.

Did he..did he leave?

I panic and get up slowly. I mutter curse words to myself, All he had to do was stay with me. How hard is that?

I should've known he still didn't take my fear of Ethan seriously.

I crack the door open enough to peek my head out and look both ways of the hall way.

I see it is empty and I haven't heard any movement at all. A sigh of relief fills me, maybe both of them went out. At least that would be better.

I tip toe down the stairs softly, still unsure of my surroundings. After looking around the living room and kitchen, not hearing any type of movement, I decide the house is empty. My tense shoulders become relaxed and i face palm. I knew Justin wouldn't leave me here with Ethan, he finally understood.

I walk into the kitchen and open up the fridge. I pull out the strawberry carton. As soon as I close the fridge doors, I see Ethan standing at the other side of the kitchen. I drop the strawberries to the floor. I felt instant fear creep up my neck.

"Oh I'm sorry, sweetie, did I scare you?" Ethan asked in a strange tone that made my blood cold but also boil.

"How come you didn't go with Justin?" I ask in a small tone as I drop to the floor to gather up the berries that were scattered around. I keep my eyes on him, there's no way in hell I'd let him out of my sight. Especially now, now that I've just figured out that Justin did in fact leave this sketchy man all alone with me.

"Nah, he asked me to watch you." Ethan said as he kept stepping forward slowly with a smug smirk on his face.

Something tells me he knows my feelings towards him. By now I'm sure he's mocking me.

My heart kinda also plummeted to the bottom of my stomach. Justin asked Ethan to watch me. If I wasn't disappointed before, I sure am now.

I licked my lips nervously,"Oh, wow." Is all I said, trying not to give away the fact that I was scared shitless but also raging inside.

Ethan crouched down to my level, "Riley, babygirl."
"Let me ask you something." He says in yet again a strange tone.

Everything started feeling uneasy.
I hummed in response as I finished picking up the berries. I slowly stood up and stared at him, waiting for whatever question he was going to ask.

"Do you think Justin's your hero?" He asks with a hard expression on his face.

"Yes, of course I think that..I-I know that." I stutter. I mentally curse myself for stuttering, I didn't want to show any signs of intimidation but everything was getting weirder by the minute. My nerves were off the walls.

He raises his eyebrows and puts his hands in his pockets. "That's funny actually.."

"That you think that." He continues.

"Let me tell you a story." He says.

I eye him suspiciously. I don't like where this is going.

"About three years ago, Justin had this girlfriend. He was doing all the same things with her that he does with you." He stops for a second,

" She was a little just like you. She was pretty damn good looking and Jason wanted her." He says.

Jason