"And you love him," Tasha said gently, as all I did was nod my head.

"I love him," I murmured, testing the words on my tongue, "I love Harry."

"You love Harry," Tasha repeated, breaking into laughter as I did the same.

And it was then that everything fell into place. I never knew the night I stumbled outside of the bar on the corner of the street and wandered past Harry Styles that I would come to know all of him. That I'd know how he walked; how he talked; how to tell when he was excited, or when he possessed that captivating sparkle in his eyes when he talked about something he cared about, or even when he told me about some crazy dream he'd had the night before. I found myself doing whatever I could to make him smile, desperate to watch his eyes wrinkle and his dimples deepen when he threw his head back in laughter, or the way his lips twitched into a wide grin when he told some shitty joke. I knew the way he poked out his tongue when he ate, and the way he tried to stop it after I'd pointed it out once; the way he would force a pout onto his lips only so I could kiss it away when he would pretend to be annoyed at me. I knew his kind of weather; his kind of music; what kept him up at night; what he deemed as his imperfections. The bad days became good ones when I knew I could wake up to see him; even better ones when I could wake up beside him - it empowered me, it boosted me, and it completed me. I knew the prominent ache I felt when he wasn't here; the emptiness that lay in the bottom of my gut when I craved him. I loved him.

I hadn't seen Harry since Christmas Day, and tonight it was New Year's Eve - and I would finally get to see him again.

I would finally tell him what I was feeling. 

Though the doubts only built as I slipped into my dress and followed Tasha downstairs. 

He would be here soon, the party was due to start at seven, and it now neared half-past. How was I supposed to tell him? "Hi, Harry, I love you"? No, that was weird. "Do you want a drink? Love you"? What the fuck??

And what if he didn't love me? That was an easy option - maybe he didn't feel that way about me at all; maybe he had been having second thoughts recently - oh god, maybe he'd been planning to break up with me tonight? New Year, New Harry? Oh God, oh God, oh God-

"Stop freaking out," Tasha rested her palm on my back, reading my expression easily, "he loves you."

"Anastasia?" my mother called, "James Jefferson is here, as well as Peter Roberts - come and socialise, will you?" 

I groaned, walking into the kitchen as my mother muttered something to the obnoxious looking man beside her. I ran my thumb awkwardly over the charm on my bracelet, as Tasha linked her arm with mine.

"Ana, how are you?" JJ smiled politely, before sending a wink to Tasha, "Tasha," he nodded.

"JJ," she bit her lip, as I watched them closely. Yeah, they were totally taking each other's clothes off with their eyes.

I'd never been so relieved to hear a knock at the door, realising it would be Harry as I sent Tasha a look. 

"Go get him, girl."

I headed for the door, swinging it open to see Harry standing there, a wide grin on his face.

"Hey, baby," he grinned, stepping through the door to wrap his arms around me, "I missed you."

I kicked the door shut, burying my head in his shoulder and inhaling his scent, "I missed you too."

"Anastasia, who's at the door?" my mother spoke suddenly, her heels clicking as she wandered into the hallway, causing Harry and I to jump apart quickly, her eyes widening, "Oh, Harold - it's you."