ONE NIGHT WITH HALFDAN

Y/N smiled at Erik as he walked past her

Y/N smiled at Erik as he walked past her. She was seated outside the great hall on the porch, watching the lively market. Erik smiled back at her as he gave her a playful wink. Erik was the blacksmiths son and he had caught the eye of Lagertha's only daughter Y/N.

Y/N knew she would be in trouble if her mother found out about her relationship with the blacksmiths son. Her relationship with a nobody that was covered in sweat and dirt. Y/N knew her mother wanted her to marry someone of importance. The only sweat her mother wanted her husband to be covered in was the sweat from battle. That sweat blended with the blood from the enemy.

Ever since her mother had taken the crown and Harald and joint sides with Ivar she knew it was only a matter of time before she would be married off to a man her mother thought suited her in exchange of a powerful alliance. However Y/N didn't want to marry someone because of an alliance or because her mother thought a certain someone suited her better. Y/N had lived with her brother in Kattegat more than she had stayed in Hedeby with her mother. Lagertha didn't know her and it had caused tension between the mother and daughter as Lagertha got desperate to win the future war against Harald and her step-brother.

Björn and Halfdan had returned a few days ago to join Lagertha's forces. Halfdan was a man that Y/N had feared even if her mother, brother and father had trained her to become a good shield maiden. Halfdan was wicked, ruthless and lacked emotions. She had heard the tales of King Harald Finehair and his brother Halfdan the Black. Both men was much older than her and had more experience than her in combat. She knew that no matter how good of a shield maiden she was, Halfdan would be better. Even her mother feared Harald since she knew the power, skill and determination he had. Lagertha had also made things more complicated between herself and Harald when he last visited. Why, she didn't know. Her mother ha only said there was some disagreements between them and that Harald had kidnapped Astrid.

"Is he good in bed?" A familiar voice spoke from behind her. Chills ran down her back as Halfdan took a seat next to her.

"I do not know what you are talking about?" Y/N said. No one knew about her relationship with Erik, or so she thought. Halfdan had kept an eye on Y/N since he first met her. He found her very attractive, young yet attractive. His mind had even wandered of to her when he didn't have a woman warming his bed and sometimes even then. His eyes always followed her every curve in the dresses she wore and when she wore her amor. He dreamt about pulling her hair as he thrusted into her, showing her how a real woman of her level should be treated.

"Don't lie to me Y/N." Halfdan begun. "I've seen you two sneaking away into that shed by the shore. I've heard your sweet moans as he thrusts into you. I've seen the purple marks on your neck when you leave or when you bathe." He continued and she glared at him.

"You've been spying on me?" Y/N scoffed as she glared at him. "I don't think my mother would like to hear that a man her age is following her daughter around." She spat at him and Halfdan chuckled.