CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

He turned back to the phone, wiggling his eyebrows as he switched into 'Smooth Jason' mode. "Why hello there. Is your name Melody? Because the thought of you being my girlfriend is music to my ears.

She raised her eyebrows, trying very hard not to smile but felt a blush hit her cheeks as she giggled. "Really? You just had to?"

He laughed and sat down. "You don't know how fun it is to make you blush," he pointed at her cheeks.

She rolled her eyes and turned back to her notes, reading through some worksheets and highlighting what was important.

"What are you doing?" He asked before biting the burger.

She scowled. "Studying. Are you seriously going to eat that whole thing in front of me while I watch?"

He grinned after swallowing, pointing the burger at her. "Want a bite?"

She groaned, and he laughed. "Of course I don't, even if it was within my reach. I don't want your germs."

He sipped his drink. "You have germs too."

"And I will proudly claim them. I don't want your germs. They'd give me your virus."

He looked intrigued as he took another bite. "And what exactly is this virus of mine?"

"Being annoying."

"I'm not annoying."

"You are."

"Am not."

"You so are."

He rolled his eyes. "You know you love me anyway."

"I don't."

"You do."

"Shut up so that I can study."

"You admit it?" He smirked, showing the dimple in his right cheek.

"No, I just have to learn this."

"Nice excuse," he laughed.

"It's not an excuse, it's a fact."

"Yeah sure," he agreed with a sarcastic undertone.

"Don't get sassy with me, Quincy."

"I'm not sassy. You just keep arguing with me."

She shot him an incredulous look. "I'm not arguing with you, you're arguing with me."

"No, it's definitely you."

"No, it's—"

"I thought you had to study," he interrupted, laughing at her annoyed expression.

"You're such a nuisance," she muttered. "Now please, let me study."

He nodded and obliged for a few seconds as he ate before speaking up again. "Hey Buddy?" She hummed in response. "Let's play the one word game. I say a word and you reply with the first thought that comes to mind. Let's start. Burger."

"Velocity ratio is equal to number of teeth of driven gear divided by number of teeth of driver gear."

He frowned. "Are you serious?"

"Yep. That's the formula."

He exhaled through his nose. "Let's try again. Stoney."

"A front view, side view or top view can also be called the front, side or top elevation."

He made a sound of annoyance at the back of his throat and she laughed. "Okay, okay, I'll try properly," she reasoned.

"Chips."