eighteen : mixed signals

+

""You probably forgot how possessive I can be when it comes to people touching what's mine, princess." He growls, his eyes now turning into a dark shade of brown, both of his hands were now resting above my head.

"Am I really yours, Cal? Or do you just like the thought of me being your naive ex girl friend who you can play with whenever you fucking like." I fought back, but a smirk somehow fought its way on my face knowing this was gonna push Calum off the edge. One thing I noticed about dating Calum is that he always wants to win every argument and it was so hard proving my point whenever he was at fault.

"You may be naive, Les, but that doesn't fucking mean I would wanna mess with your feelings, okay?" I can tell Calum was getting frustrated by the way he ran his hands down face as I heard him sigh.

"And first of all, Celestia, just because you're my ex doesn't mean I would wanna watch someone else's hands on you. You may not be mine anymore but just know that I still care about you despite being forced to date infront of the damn cameras." Not gonna lie, Calum was never the type to express how he felt and what he just said made me surprised. Calum only expressed his feelings through his actions so it was hard communicating with him sometimes knowing I had to figure him out by really understanding him.

Silence fell upon us, but I know there were still words that were left unsaid but we were both scared to say them, we didn't know what was happening and we didn't even know if it was just the alcohol in our system doing the talking.

"I'm taking you back to the hotel, Les, you are too drunk right now and you need to sleep, we got a flight tomorrow." Calum explains, and just before I could refuse, he was now slowly walking away while looking back to check if I was following behind him. Another thing I know about Calum is that he is so fucking confusing.

-

The ride back to the hotel was quiet and tense, whenever I took a peak at him, all I could see was a blurry vision of him due to the amount of alcohol I consumed. We didn't say anything else after what happened back at the club and we wanted to keep it that way to avoid another argument.

I didn't know why Calum gave me mixed signals or feelings but all I know is it was getting so tiring trying to understand what he truly feels especially when we ended up on bad terms when we broke up and not finding any closure which is probably the causenof most of our fights nowadays.

Once he pulls in the parking lot, we just sat there in complete silence as he turns of the engine. We just sat there and stared at the wall of concrete until I was the one who broke the silence.

"I'm hungry." I slurred, not even looking at him.

"Do you wanna get something to eat? We could get some food at the cafe if you want." And there it is, a calm Calum Hood. I didn't bother paying attention to him anymore but I could feel his eyes on me, probably waiting for my response so I nodded and quickly got out of the car without saying anything.

-

"Les? You look tired." Calum says, as I catch him staring at me as I munch on a piece of cake I got while Calum ordered coffee for himself.

"How are you trying to start a conversation with me after what just happened?"

"I said what I wanted to say, I can already feel myself sobering up." He says, shrugging as I watch him lean into his seat, crossing his arms in the process, his eyes on my again.

"Whatever floats your boat, loser." I say, rolling my eyes before pushing my plate away and standing up, ready to leave without even telling Calum. I was already too fed up with Calum's bullshit already to the point where I was close to leaving this boy behind.

"Where are you going?" I hear him ask as I was now slowly distancing myself away from him.

"Away from you."

"Shut up, we all know you're gonna go back to your hotel room and sleep." And that's when I shut the glass door behind me, knowing he was watching me from the cafe's glass windows, I raised my middle finger up without looking at him.

After a few minutes of trying to get rid of Calum, he was still following meas if we never had that argument in the club, he was basically casually walking behind me with his hands in his front pockets, whistling.

"Can you not?" I start, once we got in the elevator.

"Can I not, what?"

"You're annoying me."

"I'm just helping  your drunk ass back to your room what are you talking about?" He says, but a smile was now on his face, finding this entertaining.

"I could've been at the club right now with the guy I was with probably having a hot make out session with him but now I'm stuck with your fucking ass." I say, mentioning the guy at the club was probably gonna piss Calum off again but I didn't care, I just didn't want him around me at the moment.

"Baby, we both know I can give you a better hot make out session than that guy." No, actually, it made him cocky.

"Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

"I don't know, probably based on experience." He says, a smirk now visible on his face before adding, "I can even get you down on your knees within minutes of just talking to you, what makes you think I can't give better hot make out sessions?"