four : drop dead

+

"Holy fuck, Calum is so gonna regret breaking up with you." Kate squeals, as I scanned myself in the mirror, admiring the dress Kate picked out for me.

"Turn around," Kate requests, as I confidently turn around with a smile as she hollers at me, basically hyping me up.

Just then, my phone rings as I reach in my purse to find Olivia calling me.

"Where  are you? we've been waiting down here for like an hour." The familiar Austrailian accent that belonged to none other than Calum Hood said, his voice laced with impatience.

"First of all, it's only been like what, five minutes? are you starting to miss me?." I sarcastically say, grabbing my bag and kissing Kate on the cheek goodbye, before leaving my place. Kate said she was gonna get picked up by our driver in a few minutes.

"Jesus, you on your man period or something?"  I said, still on the phone as I rushed down the stairs.

"Just shut up and get down here."

"No, you shut up." I mocked, before ending the call as I walked outside of the building, spotting the familiar dark haired guy who was typing down on his phone,

He probably noticed me through the corner of his eye since he looked up and before he could complain about how late I was, he stopped as he eyed me up and down, meeting my eyes just as I catch him swiping his tounge between his lips, it took a few seconds before his eyes met mine again as he shrugged.

"You look okay." He mumbles, his attention back to his phone.

"Whatever." I muttered, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

I watched Calum enter the backseat as I followed behind to see all the boys huddled up, Luke sat in the passenger's seat and Michael and Ashton sat together in the backseat, leaving one space for Calum, making me crease my forehead, Olivia didn't fucking tell me about this, how we're just gonna be cramped up in the car like sardines in a can.

They all noticed this, as they all started to argue on where I was going to sit.

"You could sit on Calum's lap." Michael blurts out, with a blank expression on his face as me and Calum turned our heads to him at the same time with widened eyes.

"What?" we both loudly said together in unison, as Calum rose an eyebrow.

"come on, it's not gonna hurt sitting on your ex's lap." Oh, Michael, you don't know what you're talking about.

"It's only like a ten minute drive, though." We were all staring at him as if he was the most insane person on this planet.

"You know what? it won't hurt at all." Ashton says, a cheeky grin on his face as Luke joined in with him as I shifted my gaze to Calum who looked so done with this band

"Fine," Calum gave in, and I didn't want to waste any more time by refusing to sit on his lap since the driver already had an impatient look on his face so I got in and climbed onto Calum's lap as I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. 

I felt two hands rest on the sides of thighs and I swear I could feel myself getting flustered this action. His touch was still all to familiar to me, even the reminder of being broken up for years  doesn't change the fact that this man's touch still made me feel something.

This is your ex for fucks sake, don't give in. It's only gonna take a year, Les, and you'll be done with all this shit

I just hope I last a year.

Minutes had passed and I found myself shifting uncomfortably on Calum's lap, it was so fucking tight in this car and I was starting to get cranky and irritared. I had to lean in and rest my chin on the seat's headrest, taking a sniff of Luke's cologne since I was practically so close to him, if not for the headrest, my head would be probably leaning against his by now.

This is so awkward.

I then unconsciously dug my butt deeper into Calum's lap without another thought, hoping to find a comfortable position until I heard Calum hiss under his breath.

"Christ, stop moving." He said, I suddenly felt something pressing up my butt, groaning as I turned to him and said, "can you move your damn phone? I'm just wanna be comfortable."

"what are you talking about? my phone is in Ashton's pouch." he says, pointing towards the pouch that was resting on Ashton's lap. "Did you put stones in your pocket or what? why the fuck is it bulging, man?" I complain, moving a little bit more to find a comfortable position but then felt Calum's hands on my hips, holding me down in place.

"You better stop moving, princess." I realize his mouth is close to my ear as he whispers this, his voice lowering with each word, I could feel his hot breath on the skin of my neck and I wasn't gonna lie, it did make me stop moving and made my body tense up.

And it finally clicked. I was so dumb to notice that what I've been doing has triggered something in Calum. I was mentally cursing at myself right now.

I, then felt his nails dig deeper into my hips, as I felt him move from underneath me, it was his turn to try to find a comfortable position, also trying to keep me from sitting on it and making it worse. I looked around to see if anyone had noticed why we kept on moving around in this tight space but thankfully the boys were glued to their phones the whole time.

Celestia Winters, what have you done.