Chapter 1 || John

" Love yourself, before others" 

I've always listened to that Motto, each day I try to leave a smile  on my face. I brush off my thinking and focused on my work. It was hard loving myself, it was complex enough; contemplating me being happy and content, sure, it sounds easy but I've dealt with so many issues. I let an exasperated sigh as I secure my paper work firmly, 'knock knock', I ponder onto my work once again before opening the door. "My dear, John" the teacher says fretfully, she seemed off ,like in those movies where the person's eyes were wondering onto something else. I nod timidly waiting for her to answer, "Yes, Miss Stewart?" I said meticulously gazing behind her, I saw 'Charles Reynolds", I grimaced and interrupted with a obviously fake cough, "What is he doing here?" I asked vexatiously giving him an ominous death stare, it's not that I hate him, he was my 5th grade bully up until 9th grade , I'm 16 now, Charles is someone I truly disliked, I guess, you can say now I hate him. Charles then greeted him self to my desk gingerly, "Well, Charles' grades are dropping and I want you to guide him" the teacher replied, giving mix reactions I glanced at Charles, "Please?" The teacher begs as she looks deliberately upset, as much as I've had disliked Charles, I shook hands in agreement and compromised with the teacher. The face that the teacher had, brightened and she bloomed with happiness, "oh thank you so much" she exclaimed and she headed to her office shutting the door. " Hey, my name is Charles, you might know me" he says giving me a smirk, "Okay, you know, me and you don't like each other, right? Let's just get this done with" I interrupted keeping my persistent b*tch face. " Wow, you sure hold a grudge, look I'm sorry"  Charles utters.I calmed myself down heading to get some sheets, "So, what is it you want help with?" I demanded, "I need help, with" he stops and holds in a breath, "I don't know how to" he looks around "I need help with fractions, I just don't know how to subtract", I was in shock, but what can I do? I mean, his grades have been dropping and I like helping people out. "I'll help you" I grown into a smile as I give him worksheets to do. We laughed, made jokes and especially had fun, not the sexual way. It was there he was changing; its funny how they turn into such a monster to a not so well, a douche. He then puts his hand on mine, "Thank you so much" Charles blurted out. His eyes felt so much genuine, how do I explain? Like he really meant what he said.

Gradually, the time moves on, he wasn't as such as an a**hole than before. He physically punched me and tortured my whole entire primary school life. But I had a dilemma I tell myself, did Charles Reynolds, the Charles Reynolds I knew , changed? It's crazy, I'm afraid I might be too gullible. "I'll see you soon" he lit up giving me up a hug, my eyes widened as I muttered "y-yeah". I put my hands inside my pocket, great, am I really doing this? " John, John!" A familiar voice came upon me; it was Addilyn, popular, sporty,nerdy and beautiful too. What most  popular girl in movies have in common,  they are in the cheer squad. Now, I've come out to family, it was a big change to me, I was frightened I didn't know whether I should do it. I soon later came out to my best friend, Addilyn. And of course, she accepted and ships me with any boys or girls I've ran into or I've liked. "Was that freaking Charles Reynolds?" she provoked, I chuckled to myself, "If he does anything to you, he'll get his a** whooped" Addilyn shouted making her fist into a ball. The classmates around me glares at Addilyn, I then put out my hand at the back of my head,  "let's just go eat" I say grabbing hold of Addilyn. At the cafeteria I placed myself down onto the chair, " Tell me all of the stuff now" Addilyn nudged,  my eyes were beady, "Oh, nothing happened Addilyn" I shook my head proceeding to eat my hamburger. Across my table sits Charles, I put up a promising smile, Addilyn peered over to see what I was looking at, "Uh huh, you don't like him, I mean you look like—" she says talking in sarcasm. " I don't" I put denied abruptly eating the last piece of pizza "Oh no you don't, that's mine!" Addilyn argued then firmly grasping onto the pizza, gulping it down.

Cora steps close to the table, " Oh, hey John and" Cora murmured having to change into a disgusting demeanour "Addilyn" . Cora, the goody two shoes, acts so wonderful and nice in front of teachers but she's an evil b*tch. "I'll leave you two papers to vote for me as class president" Cora raises two eyebrows and passes each of us notes "I'll see you both later". Cora trots away, "forget it, Cora is just Cora" Addilyn stammered, Addilyn and Cora used to be best friends, until Cora betrayed her by telling everyone Addilyn' dad was a crack addict. Addilyn then rips out the paper, "Uhg, I hate her so much" Addilyn insisted trying not to shed a tear. Most of everyone knew that Cora and Addilyn were bad blood, boiling. I just don't get it, how could Cora one day be her best friend and under the covers she was this tattletail. I comforted Addilyn giving her a tight hug. "Cora is just plastic" I laughed patting Addilyn, and of course, every plastic barbie needs a ken. That ken was Charles, well, they're not together but rumour has it Cora is going to confess at Friday's Prom night. "Charles and Cora are for each other"Addilyn added "both so mean" she sobs finishing the slice of pizza.

"I guess so, they are"