Drama Queen

Declan's POV

       Jasper and I shared our second class and we sat in the back of the room together again. My first English class of the day was just boring questions about a book I've already read and studied. Hopefully my writing class will be more interesting.

       Jasper offered to walk me to my next class again, an offer I quickly accepted. This classroom was closer and easier to find but I like Jasper and I need to make friends.

       "My brother, Emmett, is in this class with you." Jasper said once we got to the classroom.

       My teeth pulled on my lip piercing, "is he nice?" I sound like a shy child, but I really don't feel like dealing with another dickhead.

        Jasper chuckled again. "Emmett is one of the nicest people I know."

       "Thanks, y'know, for being nice and for walking me here." I said softly, my hand on the doorknob.

       "Oh is not a problem," he shook his head. I just realized how still and stiff he's been. I guess being one of his kind makes it extremely difficult to be around so many people.

        I nodded, "maybe I'll see you later?"

        "I'm sure you will, sir", and with that he turned and walked away to his own class. 

         I looked at the door for a few seconds and asked god or the universe or whatever it is that controls the world to make this teacher better. I sighed and pushed the door open. The class was almost full again, only a few empty desks in the back are left.

        I moved my way to the large desk the teacher was sitting behind, grabbing my papers as I went. I once again handed them over silently, keeping my eyes on the wall of posters.

        "Here you go," Ms. Wilson handed my papers back. "There's still a few open seats left, take your pick."

       I nodded. "Thank you."

       I took a desk in the back corner like I always do and took out my notebook. I quietly sketched flowers and fruit bats, while I pondered the thought of being friends with another vampire.

      We are the same in some ways, but also entirely different. My kind and Jasper's kind have no history of being enemies, but Jasper doesn't feed from people. I don't have a choice I have too feed from humans. They don't die but they still are being attacked.  I'm still hurting people, it doesn't matter if they die.

       Suddenly, I felt a person in my little corner. I jerked my head up and met with the chest of the large man. My eyes traveled up to his face, golden eyes, pale overly smooth face. Vampire.

        "You're Declan right?" His voice was deep and bold. I could almost feel it traveling through the air.

        I nodded with wide eyes, this man is large. Large large. His tall frame towered over my five foot five stature. Don't even get me started on his arms, one bicep it no doubt larger then my head.

       "Sweet!" He somehow fit his large self into the desk next to mine. "I'm Emmett." He stuck out his hand.

       "I thought so," I shook his hand for a moment. "Jasper told me you'd be here."

        "Did he tell you I'm gonna be your best friend? Cause I am, dude!" He smiled with two twin dimples.

        I scoffed. "You seem very confident."

        "Just you wait." He said as the teacher began her lesson.

          I didn't need a reminder that I hate geometry but thankfully I got one today. I eventually stopped taking notes and continued to sketch in my notebook. Emmett kept himself busy by making paper airplanes. I noticed his notes were already written perfectly by the time I gave up.