Chp : 34 - Conciliate

Ara's P.O.V

I stood there shooked when he kissed me but I couldn't resist the kiss so I kissed him back. I missed him so much. Even if I wanted to stay away from him I couldn't. It felt as if I was addicted to him. I missed his sent which calmed me down every time. We broke the kiss panting for air as our eyes locked. "Now you listen to me young lady" Jungkook said looking at me dead serious. "Why are you playing the victim when it's the other way round, when you were the one to reject me. You are the liar here Ara, you were the one who hid your feeling from me, you even lied to me about them" he snapped at me. I looked at him with wide eyes knowing everything he said was true. I did hide my feeling, I did lie to him but that was only because I would've hurt him in the end. I would have to leave after the mission and never see him again. I didn't want to hurt him, I couldn't see him suffer. We both looked into eachothers eyes and everything was silent, it felt as if time had stopped until he took a deep breath before speaking again "look Ara I never lied to you, I did love and I still do but you rejected me, lied to me and never told me the reason" he said placing his hands on my shoulders making me jump at the sudden contact. "N-n-no I can't" I said looking down to hide my tears. "Why? Why can't you be mine Ara? Why are you acting like this" he sighed waiting for my answer. "You said you didn't love me, so tell me Ara why did you leave the class when Hana kissed me, why did you cry after seeing that? Why can't you see me with someone else? Tell me Ara can you see me dating some other girl?" he bombarded me with questions as I looked up to see tears trickling down his face.

But before I could say anything a voice interrupted. "No she cannot, she cannot see you with anyone else Jungkook" Chen insisted. "She can't take you off of her mind because she loves you. She cries herself to sleep everyday, starves herself cause she feels guilty" but before he could finish I rushed out of the door. I didn't want Chen to say any further because it was embarrassing and it made me look weak.

Jungkook's P.O.V

My heart ached after hearing what Chen said, Ara left as soon as Chen started to talk. Probably she felt embarrassed.

"She really loves you Jungkook" he said making me look towards him.

"Then why did she lie?" I asked.

"She thinks she is protecting you, she thinks she will hurt you" he spoke to which I hummed

"I want a favour from you" Chen added as I nod in reply.

"I know you love her, I want you to prove her wrong, to prove her that you can protect yourself as well as her. I want you to make her yours" he said and I looked at him with wide eyes. Was it the reason that Ara rejected me? Did she think I was weak? I was questioning myself when Chen spoke something that left me shook. "Or I'll make her mine" he said before leaving. My eyes were so wide that my eyeballs would fall of the sockets any time now. 'This family is so weird' I thought as I exited.

The day went by with me trying to talk to Ara and her avoiding me. It was annoying at one point but I wasn't going to quit, not this early and not after knowing that she loves me too. I'll have to talk to her.

Author's P.O.V

The sun dawned and the moon rose in the sky shining brightly. Jungkook was lying on his bed thinking about possible ways to talk to Ara. For the first time this week both of them weren't crying or were sad, but just thinking. Jungkook wanted to talk to Ara and sort this matter out while Ara was too embarrassed to talk to Jungkook since her little secret about her feelings was no longer hidden. She wasn't pissed at Chen but neither did she talk to Chen for the whole day. Chen played his part and now it was Jungkook's turn to.

He couldn't come up with an idea to talk to Ara. He tried calling her as well as texting her but she didn't reply to either of it. That's when Jungkook decided to jump from the balcony into Ara's room. He peeked through Ara's balcony to see if she was still awake but the lights were off so he couldn't see anything. He had to talk to her desperately so he decided to jump inside. He safely landed on the other side as a smirk crept on his face for his victory.

Ara was laying on her bed all wrapped in blankets, thinking about Jungkook's words. She knew she was wrong but she was too embarrassed to talk to Jungkook. She thought he might think of her as a weak girl. She wasn't weak but Jungkook's presence had made her like that. As she was lost in her thoughts there was a loud thud on the balcony door. Ara instinctively got up taking a teaser gun as she slowly proceeded towards the balcony door. Her eyes widened at what she saw. Jungkook was on the floor rubbing his butt and head groaning in pain. Ara couldn't control her laughter as she burst into fits of laughter. "Hey stop laughing and help me" he said as he slipped his hand from his left pocket. Ara helped Jungkook up. "I want to talk" he said and he dragged Ara to her room. "I don't, so leave" Ara replied bluntly. "I'm not leaving until I talk to you" Jungkook said being stubborn. He pushed Ara to on the chair to make her sit as he sat on her bed.

"Now let's talk" Jungkook spoke as Ara rolled her eyes. "Why did you lie to me?" Jungkook questioned getting right to the point. Ara tried to avoid his gaze as she started playing with her small puffy hands. "I asked you something, you can't lie to me now because I know the truth Chen told me everything" he said as he folded his hands on his chest. 'that traitor' Ara thought she started fidgiting with her fingers "Tell me" Jungkook demanded. "To protect you" Ara replied in a low voice but loud enough for Jungkook to hear. "Oh, protect me?" he said as he chuckled. "Why do you think I wouldn't be able to protect myself? I'm the only child of a family involved in shady business, I am capable to protect myself" Jungkook said making Ara nod her head in Agreement. "It wasn't only protecting you kookie, I didn't want you to get hurt because of me. I know at the end I'm gonna end up hurting both of us" Ara stated looking at her feet as she shifted them nervously. "You don't have to worry about anything Ara, you didn't want to hurt me but you already did. You hurt me when you lied to me, you hurt me when you  told me you didn't love me, you hurt me when you said the kiss meant nothing to you, you hurt me when you pushed me away and avoided me and you hurt me by letting yourself suffer and you say you did all of this just to protect me Ara but you don't have to protect me. I can protect myself and I have my hyungs to protect me too. You think being with you will put me in danger but guess what, I'm already in danger being born in a familysuch as mine and I'd rather die protecting the one I love, being with the only person I love rather than let the person I love die protecting me. I'd die for you Ara because I love you. You think you'd end up hurting me? I don't think so Ara because nothing will hurt me more than seeing you suffer. Let me be the person to protect you Ara" Jungkook paused.

Before Jungkook could say anything further Ara hugged him tight while tears of joy trickled down her cheeks. Everything Jungkook said touched Ara's heart, she felt overwhelmed. She hugged him tight as he returned the hug. Ara stayed in the comforting warmth when suddenly her phone beeped ruining the moment. She took a look at her phone and had a confused expression. "What happened?" Jungkook questioned curiously. "Somebody texted me about some letter" Ara spoke with her eyes fixed on the tiny screen of her cell phone. "Oh you mean this?" Jungkook responded taking out a letter from his left pocket. "I slipped on it when I jumped in your balcony" he said as he waved the letter. "Let me see" Ara said taking the letter. Her expressions turned into a more confused one after reading the letter. 

Tears are the words your heart communicates with.

_______________________________________

Author's note : hey guys...new chapter. Sorry for not uploading yesterday 😅😅😅..so I decided to upload today. As I told you earlier that I was super tensed about my admissions and I still am so I can't  say for sure if I'll be able to post regularly and I'm  so sorry about that but I'll try posting according to the schedule. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. Comment your views and suggestions. Please vote for the chapter.

I'll try to upload tomorrow if possible. Anyways hope you enjoy the story and happy Eid to all my muslim readers and to all who celebrate it. Love💜💜💜