Chapter 17: Pictures

Camila POV

I felt Damien's grip tighten on my hands as we walked outside the airport. There's bodyguards carrying our luggage and a few staff we're following to I don't know where. I could tell how Ms. Amy planned this really carefully. It is only understandable since from her story when we were at the plane, this is the first time she's going to see her father.

"My dad came here in Australia just to work. His visa expired and my mum was totally in love with him so she offered him to stay here a little bit longer by marrying her." Ms. Amy started.

She sipped more of her drink while sitting next to her husband. We were in the business class section of the plane and I've never been here before. I never thought it would be this exclusive. I was sitting next to Damien who was with me, conversing with his parents on our side. Andre, on the other hand, was by himself and already sleeping.

"It was all good until my dad really wanted to go home because he already had a family back in the Philippines. My mum couldn't do anything so she just tricked him into impregnating her. Haha!" she said lightly.

It amazes me how she can say something like that like it doesn't bother her. She truly is a fine woman. I couldn't help but think if she'd compare my situation sometimes to her father. I swear that even though Damien has jokingly asked me so many times to marry him, I won't ever do it. I want to be able to do this by myself... I remember my parents considering the idea ages ago where they'd divorce and just marry another Australian but they never went through it.

Besides, it's different when you really work for it by yourself without depending on other people for most part. You get a different kind of a satisfying feeling when you achieve things you've truly worked hard on yourself.

"You okay?" Damien huskily whispered as we entered a fancy-looking black SUV.

I nodded slightly at him and gave him a small smile. As expected, there was a valet that picked up the Pittari's. I don't know where we're going, actually. Even though it's already late at night, I do not mind if we just travel to the province where Ms. Amy's father is from. Damien asked me if I wanted to visit the house I used to live in Manila but it has long been sold and destroyed as some shop so there's no point in it, really.

But seeing the traffic, the bright lights, rubbish everywhere... I am truly back in the Philippines.

We were in the most exclusive five-star hotel in Manila and they got three rooms, one or the Pittari couple, for Damien and I and lastly, a solo room for Andre. Unlike the past few weeks, I've noticed that Andre have cheered up a little bit. Well, before I got totally drunk when Emily and I went out, I do remember seeing him and already stealing glances at my best friend. Hmm...

"Nice smile you got there, mate. Who are ya texting?" I said hastily to Andre.

Damien, Andre and I were on a table together whilst their parents were in another table with some people accommodating the whole trip here. I assume they're agents and reporters or something like that. After we have breakfast, we're going to leave the hotel and go on another flight all the way to Alcontar province. We can drive on the way there but it's gonna take 12 hours and Ms. Amy could not wait any longer.

"Emily." Andre cockily answered as he looked at me once while he foolishly smiled at his phone again.

I gasped a little. I knew it! The only reason why he could smile as proudly like that is because Emily and him are probably fixing things. I kind of had an idea that it was only a misunderstanding between them all along but I didn't want to meddle. It's not my relationship, after all. It's not like I'd want it if Emily were to decide for me too.