Chapter 10: Frown

Camila POV

Emily wanted me to open my Facebook for once so I could check out a new bar that her sister apparently built. She won't stop pestering me about it so I did, just to make her stop. Her family is really into business and she said she'll take me there when we're both not busy. Doesn't seem like a bad idea for me, honestly. I used to love doing wild stuff but for the past few years, I just couldn't.

I opened my account and opened Emily's notification first. Afterwards, I opened my friend requests and found myself amused with the people requesting.

Andre Pittari

Damien Pittari

After I accepted their requests, I couldn't help but go through their profiles one by one. On Andre's account, it was mostly of him partying with boys and a few family pictures. I couldn't see any other pictures of him with other girls except for Emily. In fact, his cover photo is still him and Emily in formal suits. If my hunch is right, it's probably Year 12 formal or something.

Hmm. Yeah, maybe he does really love Emily. I keep on forgetting on asking Mils about it because we're always on other topics but I'm pretty confident I'll find out one way or another, anyway.

On the other hand, Dr. Pittari's profile was more formal. His profile picture is of him in his doctor's coat, smiling a little, making him look a little boyish. He didn't post any photos nor had a cover photo. Well, of course, he probably doesn't have time to do things like those. Although, he had a lot of tagged photos.

I don't know why an ugly feeling in my insides kept on showing when I was browsing through his tagged photos. There were different photos of him and in every single one, he had his waist around pretty Caucasian girls. There was even one or two that showed the girls giving him a kiss on his cheek.

If there's one thing that these girls have in common, it's either blue or green eyes. The pure Caucasian features... natural blonde hair or light brown hair. I do not get why I have to be so bitter about it. Everything that Dr. Pittari has shown me is pure kindness and probably, pity. Although his teasing does make my heart skip a beat, I wouldn't dare call it as flirting. I am way out his league.

When I realized that I was browsing the pictures and comments for way too long, I sighed and put my phone away. This really isn't the time to think about such trivial things.

I didn't know such bitter and ugly feelings could arise even more...

Using the clinic's back door, I went to its back part to meet up with Dr. Pittari. He insisted to drop me off today because he's done with work and would sleep in his parents' home just around the suburb. Right after I went out though, I saw him talking and smiling widely while talking to Velle.

Well, they are close. If I remember correctly, Dr. Pittari told me that he's the closest to Velle. She even teaches him how to speak Tagalog, actually. They're around the same age too. Velle is gorgeous... yeah, women like her who could pass as Caucasian deserve Dr. Pittari. She's a registered nurse and a permanent resident here in Australia too, probably.

I didn't dare walk up to them and silently observed them. My eyes widened when Velle suddenly kissed Dr. Pittari's cheeks. They talked for a bit more after that before Velle finally got up and noticed me standing still just behind the entrance door for employees.

"Mila!" she called me out, smiling.

Although I couldn't understand why I feel very irritated for some reason, I went out to them and forced out a small smile. I'm sure it probably turned out wearily though.

"Damo's waiting for you. See ya, Dame." she giggled with a big smile still plastered on her face.

I wonder what they talked about. Or maybe, they're actually together? Velle treats me like a big sister so maybe she asked Dr. Pittari to treat me one a well, the reason why he's actually nice to me.