Conner finished eating and wrapped his arms around me. “I’m sorry; there was nothing we could do once we found you. But I made that vampire pay for what he did.”  He whispered in my ear.

I choked back tears as I asked “What about Sara?”

He turned his head away and hesitated before answering. “I’m sorry.”

That’s when I lost it. Whatever ‘it’ was. I sobbed uncontrollably upset about what’s happened, how I let Sara down and be killed, and what I’d let myself turn into by letting my guard down. Conner just rocked me back and forth, attempting to calm me down. The pack walked in with my water and looked at my pitiful state.

Conner explained “She knows about Sara.”

They all silently said ‘oh’ and looked at me sympathetically.

I just kept crying.

Ulric put the water on the night stand, but I didn’t want it anymore.

One by one, they all left and my tears ran dry. I didn’t really think the water would help with my throat anymore, but I drank it anyways.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After another day in bed, I felt well enough to get up and walk around. At first I was a little shaky, and Conner had to hold my arms up, but soon enough I was fine.

I seriously wondered about Conner imprinting on me. Just the way he looked at me when I stumbled, the concern in his eyes. I made me wonder. He was, in fact, the only pack member who never left my side day or night. I’ll just have to ask him about it; eventually.

It took four days before I had the guts to go back to Sara’s house, and to transform. I wasn’t even sure I could still transform, but it was worth a try.

Conner escorted me outside and immediately transformed. I took a deep breath, circulated the power that I could feel running in my veins, took a leap and transformed. My immediate reaction was to my mouth. Something was not right. I flicked my tongue over my teeth and found I had fangs. As a wolf. Not good.

The rest of the pack came over and transformed. “I have fangs.” I said telepathic message.

My pack came over to look. I sensed a flicker of anger pass over Randy and Zevi. I felt kind of like an ancient saber-tooth tiger, but a wolf instead of a tiger. But still.

“We’ll manage.” Ulric told us. We ran together to Sara’s house and the first thing I noticed were the fresh graves in the garden. I secretly transformed; threw on some clothes, and knelt by the graves.

 Her parents’ graves said: ‘Wonderful people and parents until their last day.’

Sara’s said: ‘A bright, happy girl whose life ended too soon.’

Tears ran down my cheeks. I sobbed by myself until I felt someone clutch my shoulders. I looked up to see a blurry Conner looking at me. “We should go.” He said solemnly.

I just nodded in agreement.

I shakily stood up and took one last look at the graves. “I’m sorry Sara.” I whispered. “I wish this had never happened to you or your family. You did nothing wrong.”

With that, I left with the pack. I transformed again and we did a quick patrol. Once I’d calmed down about Sara, I smelt a deer. A nice big doe. My stomach growled and my mouth watered. My taste buds ached for something. Blood.

I halted. Blood? No, no I can’t crave that. But my hunger overtook my thoughts and a new instinct took over. I transformed to human, threw on some clothes, and attacked. Once the deer was dead, I instinctively bit the main artery with my new retractable fangs and started drinking the blood.

The pack found me (in their human form) with the last drops. “What are you...” trailed off Randy. Anger flashed over Ulric’s face. I stood up and wiped the access blood off my mouth. “You blood-sucking creep!” yelled Zevi, losing his cool.

I cringed. Every word was true. But I couldn’t help who I was now. “Leave her alone! She can’t help it!” yelled Conner.

Zevi faced Conner. “I don’t care if she can or can’t control herself. We are supposed to protect the town from blood sucking monsters like her! She can’t stay here.”

Randy shared Zevi’s anger. “I see your point Zevi. She sucks blood just like those leeches that we protect the town from. How are we protecting the town by letting her, a slightly different blood sucking monster, stay?” he looked at me with hatred and anger in his eyes.

My own pack; rejecting me? Conner was the only one standing up for me, for a reason I couldn’t even guess. Unless he imprinted on me... But still, I was a blood sucking monster like they said.

Zevi and Randy looked to Ulric, because he would decide if I could stay or not. Ulric looked up at me. His eyes were so dark that they were almost black. And that’s when I knew they wouldn’t let me stay anymore.

So, I turned and ran. I didn’t know where I was running to; I just wanted to get away. My pack, my own pack had rejected me like a piece of foul smelling garbage all because of something that I had no control over. I couldn’t help the fact I was this way. But yet, I could still see their point. I did suck blood and it is, sorry correction, was my mission too, to protect the town from monsters like me. I probably would’ve done the same thing. I cried and I ran. I ran far away from there and never did I look back.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

So intense! I know! I would really aprreciate votes and comments pleez!  

I hope you liked it! Sorry for the wait.  

Have a fantabulous day! :)