"Omigod, this would fit Jay really well!" Ara exclaimed.
"Really?" you asked. She nodded.
"Man, did I overdo it with that watch? I should've gotten Chanwoo something more casual....." she said.
"Nah, dude. Chanwoo would love anything you'd get him, he's just that kind of person." you said. She nodded.
"I feel like Jinhwan is going to push away my present for Sooyoung's." you sighed. Ara slapped your arm.
"Ow!"
"Don't think so poorly of Jinhwan! Sure, he might actually like her, but he wouldn't push away his friend's gift! Just because he might like Sooyoung doesn't mean you're going to stop being his friend!" she said.
"So, you do think that he likes Sooyoung." you said. Ara didn't say anything. You only turned your head somewhere else, beginning to feel dejected all over again.

~~time skip~~

School finally ended. You felt your heart racing and began to feel nervous. You met Ara at the gate again.
"You're going to give Jay your present now, right?" Ara asked. You nodded.
"Same. I'm going to go to Chanwoo right now." she said. You took the hoodie out of your backpack and folded it. Then, you turned around and started walking to Jinhwan's office.
"(Y/N)?" you heard Ara call from behind you. You turned around.
"Hwaiting!" she said. You nodded and then continued on your way. Taking a deep breath, you walked to where he would be. For some reason, all of your doubts started to flood your mind. What if he was with Sooyoung? What if he doesn't like your present? What if he accepts it, but throws it away later? What if he thinks you're weird for getting him a present on Valentine's Day? Your confidence slowly died away as you got closer and closer to his office. It's okay, (Y/N). You can do this without making anything awkward. Just walk up to him, give him his present, and then walk home with him like nothing ever happened. It'll be that easy.... You told yourself. You were telling yourself that Sooyoung probably wouldn't be there and that there was always that small percent of chance that he didn't like her, but by the time you took two steps through the doorway and into his room, you felt your heart drop and tears well up in your eyes.

Jinhwan was there standing at his desk with Sooyoung. The problem was that he was there with his lips on her's.

You clutched the hoodie tighter. For some reason you couldn't move. You felt your heart crumble and tried your best to hold in your tears. Then, you regretted standing there in the first place because Jinhwan saw you. His eyes widened and then you turned around and left as fast as you could. I knew it. I freaking knew it. What was I thinking. You thought as you walked down the hallways.
"(Y/N), wait!" you heard Jinhwan shout. Crap, is he chasing me?! You thought as you had no choice but to start running faster away from him. Tears blurred your vision, but you didn't care, you just didn't want to deal with Jinhwan. You still had that hoodie with you, and you headed for the roof. Once you arrived at the top, you curled up into a ball and leaned against the railing, finally letting your tears fall.

Not that. Anything but that. You just had to find out about your rejection after seeing the person you liked kiss the person you hated. You gasped and sobbed, the folded hoodie on the floor next to you. No, no, this is not what I wanted. This wasn't supposed to happen. You thought as you cried. Why was life so cruel to you? What did you ever do to deserve this? Before you could continue to think to yourself about how life was so unfair, you heard the door slam open and heard heavy panting. You looked up to see Jinhwan with his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. When he spotted you, his eyes widened and he ran over to you. He crouched down and sat on his knees.
"(Y/N), I-I'm so sorry, just l-let me explain-"
"You don't need to explain anything, you did nothing wrong." you said with a shaky voice.
"B-But....y-you're crying." he said.
"I'm crying because of my own problems, you didn't do anything wrong!" you repeated as you raised your voice.