OHD: Chapter Thirteen

Start from the beginning

"You touch me like that again, runt," He squeezed harder and harder and it felt like I could not exhale or inhale as he stared into my eyes with the utmost hate and rage, that it was seeping into my body through his fingernails. "And I will kill you right where you stand." He growled out in a low tone and I could feel my eyes rolling to the back of my head. I was scratching at his arms as I dangled in the air, trying to find the last moments of life to cling on to. "Tch, pathetic." He dropped me like a worm into the ground, watching me in amusement as I coughed violently, gasping for air.

"What the hell do you want?" He sneered down at me as I stood up, trying not to be afraid. "You're awfully bold to seek me out." He tilted his head as if he was talking to a child and I trembled in fear as his eyes turned a dark shade of red. "You said you came here for Kaiden, right?" I questioned and he raised a brow, nodding in reply. "Yeah, what of it?" Isak cracked his knuckles slowly as he narrowed his eyes. "If that is the case," I maintained my ground, choosing my words carefully. "Then why are you coming after me?" I asked and he stared at me, not saying anything. 

"I'd tell you everything you want to know," He said before smirking cruelly as his aura darkened. "But I want Kaiden to feel deep, crushing pain," He mimicked the gesture by squeezing and unsqueezing his hand. "Pain that is not my doing." He chuckled menacingly before turning around and walking in the direction of the diner. 

I didn't have the chance to ask what he meant but by the chill of fear that caressed my bones, I had the feeling of what it was that he was wanting.

"Merda!" I cursed myself, a traitorous tear slipping out of my eye. What the hell was Kaiden hiding and how could I protect him? I had no choice but to ask him once again and pray to the fucking deities that he would just admit it. At this point, if he told me, I would honestly be too bloody happy to even care about being upset with him. I closed my eyes and sighed, the ringing of my phone disturbing the silence.

"Hello?" I murmured tiredly, not even looking at the ID. "Jose? Where are you?" I registered Kaiden's worried tone and my eyes snapped open. "Yea, on my way home, why?" I said calmly, hoping to throw off any suspicions. "Okay, hurry home. I miss you." He whispered endearingly and I smiled despite the terror I felt. "Yeah, me too." I replied before hanging up and heading to my car. 

We had a long night ahead.

By the time I arrived home, it was damn near pitch black. Probably because I took my sweet time in getting home so I could prolong the inevitable. I knew I was going to have to question him once again but I just needed a new approach. I parked my car behind his Aston Martin, glad I even had the one opportunity to actually drive it. 

I got out of the car and slowly walked towards the entrance of my house, afraid to even enter the place where I paid the bills. I let out a harsh sigh and unlocked the door, pushing it open and smelling the fresh scent of my berry air freshener. "There you are!" I heard a deep voice approaching me as I closed the door and before I could even lock it, my face was turned and my lips were covered by another soft pair.

"Mmph!" My eyes widened as a pair of arms entangled around my waist, yanking me closer as I recognized the scent that was wholly Kaiden West. I shut my eyes as he licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him in, his tongue immediately making itself known with my own. He ravished my mouth deeply, to the point where I had to pull away for breath and to release myself from my embarrassment for sporting a boner at that moment. "Bloody shit, Kai!" I sputtered, my cheeks red as I wiped my lips nervously. "What's with the excessive affection?" I asked, wondering what his deal was.

"Nothing, just happy to see you," He smiled softly at me and I found myself bristling at the affection. "Hey," I murmured. "Can we talk?" I asked and his eyebrows furrowed slightly but he nodded anyway. "Come on." I pulled him in the direction of the living room and I sat him down on the couch, preparing my mind. "What's up, Luca?" Kaiden inquired in that baritone voice of his and I shivered. "Will you tell me what it is that you're hiding from me?" I asked in a small yet strong voice. I kept my eye contact with him, hoping my voice didn't crack like I thought it did. He stared at me for a while before hardening his expression.

"I told you this, Jose," He sighed and put his face in his hands. I sort of felt bad but then I remember the fear he put me in, feeling like someone was always watching me. "Yeah, you did, but this isn't for you. It's for me. Whatever secret you're hiding, I don't particularly care anymore. I just want to know what it is so I can better understand why I'm constantly the brunt of some shit." I said and judging by the recoil of his face, he was offended. I closed my eyes and turned away, trying to stand my ground. "I know and I want to tell you so bad but," Kaiden shook his head. "It would make the situation worse than it already is." I didn't know whether to believe him or not but I let it go because his words made sense.

"...okay." I replied sullenly and he reached over and grabbed my chin, lifting it up. "I want to see that pretty smile of yours." He demanded and I purposely frowned as he chuckled, leaning down to kiss me once again, leaving me breathless. He pushed me down and kissed me as hard as he did when I first walked in, his hands roaming my body as he snapped my shirt off, buttons flying everywhere. His tongue made its way around my mouth and my hands grasped at his shoulders as he rubbed the front of jeans against my straining erection. He began to grind himself against me and I couldn't help but mirror the action as uncontrollable moans exited my mouth.

"That's it, I want to hear you, Luca." He grinned sadistically as he took my nipple into his mouth gently biting on it. I let out a series of garbled moans, arching my back as he rutted hard against me, sending bolts of pleasure up my spine. "Cazzo!" I cursed, feeling myself at the brink, ready to climb over. "With me!" He sat in between my legs and he pressed harder against me and the moment I shot over, stars clouded my vision and I released with a loud moan as I sagged against the couch, panting. "I feel like a fucking teenager, what do I look like, coming in my pants like some prepubescent rat?" I rolled my eyes as sweat trickled down the side of my hair and Kaiden chuckled, looking at his own wet spot before looking back up at me, unreadable emotions in his eyes.

"I love you, Luca." Kaiden breathed as he looked me deep in the eyes, a grin sat on his lips as if he was the luckiest man in the world. "I love you too." I replied but there was no depth to my tone. I knew what I felt for him but there were so many things that were wrong. So many things that posed red flags and like a cliff, I jumped off.

I relished in the moments that he peppered my face with kisses, fondness dripping off his face and I closed my eyes as tears slowly filling up my eyelids, ignoring the feeling of angst in my chest once again.