OHD: Chapter Nine

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

"Fuck you want?"

I folded my arms as I stared at the cretin opposite of me, looking at me with sorrow in his eyes. I rolled my eyes as I sat down on my couch, ready to speak my piece. "All I wanted to tell you was that," I paused as he stared me down, his eyes raking my body. I ignored the hiss that threatened to make its presence known as I let out a harsh sigh. "That your dear little friend paid me a visit today." I stated and Kaiden tilted his head, confused.

"Isak came to the hospital today, to see me." I said and all of a sudden, Kaiden came rushing over like the dog that he was, clutching my face in his hands, looking all afraid and such as he checked my body for any signs of abuse. "Get off of me, arsehat." I smacked him away, ignoring the feeling of sadness creep up in my chest because I knew I wasn't feeling that way. I narrowed my eyes at him, oddly suspicious. "What did he want?!" Kaiden growled out in a low tone, his eyes changing from hazel to a cherry red, a sign that he was about to go on wolf-mode. He was angry. "Calm down, Fido. He just wanted me to tell you that Elias, whoever the hell he may be, is coming for you." I lamented, watching as he went still for a minute, rigid.

He clenched and unraveled his hands in a matter of seconds as his jaw tightened and I knew this had to be a sore subject but nonetheless, I tried to find it in me not to care.

"From the way he was describing Elias's hunt for you, you better defend yourself and fast." I shrugged. "Not that I care or anything cuz' I don't." I scowled, watching as Kaiden just sat there like a ghost had went through him. He was speechless, not in the good way. The look in his red eyes was feral, almost as if he was terrified. "Now that's out the bag, you can leave." I stood up, smiling cynically at him but he refused to move from his spot. "Jose..." I felt a hand tug on mine and I turned over my shoulder to see Kaiden holding onto my hand, looking at me, his eyes pleading. "...what?" I sat back down next to him and he wrapped an arm around my waist, letting out a sigh.

"As I mentioned to you before, I'm the future Alpha of my pack." He began and I nodded, unsure of where he was going with this. "There are the people who are apart of my pack and the people who decide to rebel against the pack and its rule, thus becoming rogues, feral, unstable and wild wolves." He rubbed my side all soothingly and I ignored the feeling of contentment that built up in my chest. "Yeah, what of it?" I tilted my head as I unconsciously leaned my head on his shoulder, his body heat seeping into my back. "Isak Pratt is a rogue who went against my father, Cortez, many years ago. He decided to follow siege under Elias von Drake, who was also a rogue from our pack." He explained who they were and I had a slight understanding. "Why are they rogues?" I questioned and Kaiden sighed.

"Because they both want the title of Alpha."

My eyes widened as I nodded. "Elias fought my father for the title and lost, now Isak wants to do the same with me and since he knows what I am, he'll no doubt try to kill me in the process." I let my hand land on his chest, trying to comfort him and the stress that I know he's going through. A friend can comfort right? "And what are you?" I asked and he closed his eyes, obviously fighting something internally. He clenched his hands once again and grunted. "Kaiden, what are you?" I said in a soft tone, letting him know that he could tell me.

Then it was a moment of silence before he spoke.

"Remember when I told you that I haven't been back to see my family since I was 21?" Kaiden suddenly murmured in his deep voice and I nodded in reply. "Because they turned against you?" I recalled and he sighed. "Yea. The night of my 21st birthday, I changed." He spoke. "There are myths of three destined werewolves to carry out the legacy of the Moon Goddess, meaning that they are chosen and they gain powers and such to aid in their pack. The three are the Chosen Alpha, Luna and Warrior of a pack or packs." He explained. "And lemme guess, you're the Chosen Alpha?" He nodded in reply and I snorted in satisfaction.