~ Chapter 1: Part 3 ~

The car was parked in front of our new house. I stepped out of the car and examined the street we're living on. It was dark but a few street lamps were lit, lights from people's houses shone on to the pathways. Some houses were lit while others were dark. The street was quiet and not many cars passed by. It was windy and a bunch of puddles were left behind from the storm. I walked towards the trunk of the car and pulled out some suitcases and placed them onto the dry road.

Mikey started to pick each one up and place them on top of the front doorsteps. My dad pulls out the keys from his pocket. The noise of the keys clinging onto each other hurts my ear like somebody scratching their nails into a chalkboard. I bit my tongue to avoid the noise from the keys. My dad slowly puts the keys in and opens the door.

Creak

I grab onto one of the suitcases and bring it inside of the house. The second I place the suitcase down onto the light brown wood floor, dust flies up and crawls up my nose.

I inhale the air and let out a loud sneeze. As I sneeze into the dusty air more dust flies from the corner of the stairs and mirrors.

I quickly step out and take a deep breath. Mikey and my dad take the suitcases and bring them in.

"She can't stay in this dusty place for long," my dad says to Mikey.

"Yeah she'll be sneezing non-stop" Mikey replies. "What I'll do is clean up her room and then have her go there."

"Yeah, that'll work. I'll take the suitcases into each of our rooms" My dad answers as he picks up the suitcase and takes it up the staircase.

I run back to the car and grab my bag, Mikey's bag, and my dad's shoulder bag. I walk back to the front door and sit down on the steps. I place the bags on the doorsteps and pull out my phone.

"No reception...", I calmly whisper. "Though am I truly surprised". I stand up and walk to the car to lean on. I take a look at the house from afar.

A detached house that has dark brown wood covering the roof. A black rectangular chimney that's placed on top. Five big windows which are presented from the front view. A dark brown oak door that's placed for the entrance. The exterior walls are painted light and dark brown, with some white.

The front garden is the soul and the livelihood of the house. Rows of lilies, tulips, roses, and lilacs cover the garden. Some bushes are growing near the entrance and the grass is bright green.

As I went to go smell of one of the bright red roses, my mother's favorite flower, something caught my eye. I turned to the house on the right-hand side of our house. I saw someone looking out of their window.

It was hard to see as the raindrops left behind made the window a bit blurry. It seemed as if the person saw me and waved at me. I stared at the person for a while, trying to figure out who they might be, but I didn't really bother about it.

Mikey calls out for me as he walks out of the front door. He picks up the bags and walks back inside. I walk towards the front door and stop, I slowly turn my head a bit in order to see whether the person is still standing at the window. From the corner of my eye, I notice a body still standing at the window and walk-in.

I close the door behind me.

Thud