tHiRTEeN

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

|ft. Odunsi (The Engine) - Ocean (ft. Nonso Amadi)|

Day Two

Day 2

------

He turned into a street and finally reached Frank's house.

To be honest, I didn't feel like getting down from the car... Or even ending the ride.

He turned off the engine of the car and opened the doors then he turned to me. "We're here."

"Thanks, Sherlock." I forced a smile.

He returned the smile before we both got down.

I waited for him as he locked the car and we left the garage together.

I played with my fingers as walked to the entrance.

Dennis opened the door and entered first and I followed after but he stopped when he saw a man standing in front of the door.

I suddenly became flushed.

"Umm... Good evening." Dennis finally managed to greet, unsure of the situation.

The man nodded to reply to his greeting with his eyes glancing at me every once and then.

"I heard the car roll in." He said. "Who's your friend?" He suddenly asked with his eyes on me.

"Good evening," My voice came out tiny, not knowing what to expect.

"Umm... We have some classes together." Dennis started explaining. "Her mum travelled and she forgot to give her the spare keys. Is it okay for her to stay for the night?"

Something inside me made me feel like that was his uncle.

The man was silent for some time. "I need to talk to you, Dennis." He finally said. "Your dad called."

Dennis sighed. "He knows I'm here."

"He left about four hours ago." The man said then looked at me. "I'm sorry... ?"

"Bianca," I forced a plastic smile.

"Bianca." He repeated. "Can I speak with Dennis?"

I nodded. "Yeah, sure."

He looked at Dennis. "Show her to the guest room and come back." He said.

Dennis looked at me then nodded his head forward so that we'd move.

The man obviously didn't know I was here a night before.

We got into the room and Dennis sighed loudly. "Let's stall a little." He smiled at me.

I shook my head with a smile as I dropped my bag on the bed. "Where's your laundry room?" I asked.

"You want to do laundry this night?" He questioned.

I nodded. "Due to our visit to the beach, my clothes got soaked in sand."

"Oh," He said in realization. "But we went shopping." He said. "You can wear those."

I nodded. "Thanks." I didn't want to waste his time. "Your uncle is waiting for you," I said even though I wasn't told that he was his uncle.

He shrugged as he stepped closer to where I stood. "He can wait. I already know what he wants to talk about. The whole 'me quitting basketball' stuff."