EiGHt

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

|ft. Falana - Ride or die|

Day One

Day 1

------

We stopped just before the water so that when the waves came, it covered our feet.

He closed his eyes as he held his head up.

I watched him throughout.

The angle at which his face was projected in. The way his jaw pointed out. The curve of his nose. His thick lashes. His full beige lips which were left ajar.

Those features drew me in.

He swallowed and I saw the movement of his Adam's apple.

He looked like he was clearing his mind.

Trying to escape.

To forget about things.

As I watched him, he suddenly turned his head to me and his eyes captured mine. I couldn't move them out of his.

They were a dark shade of brown. Deep, yet patient.

His pupils seemed wider than normal.

He finally broke a smile. "Close your eyes and listen to the sound of the ocean."

I did just that and copied his gesture.

I could hear the waves, the splash. The ocean. It spoke.

The ocean's breeze blew my hair back as it hit my skin.

It made me feel alive. Like I was capable of more than I stood. Like I could do better.

"It's calling you, right?" He asked with a chuckle.

I chuckled too but with my eyes still closed as I nodded.

"When the water calls, you don't ignore it. Didn't you learn anything from Moana?"

Now, my laughter reverberated as I looked at him.

"Take your clothes off, let's go in." He said as he removed his shirt then he smirked and looked me over. "Don't worry, I'll close my eyes throughout."

I smirked back, "No need for that," As I took off my shirt too and dropped it on the sand.

His smile widened at my action.

We both undressed until we were in our underwear then he held my hand with a huge smile as he pulled me into the water.

I laughed hard as the wave came and the water covered me up to breast length.

"Why is it so cold?" I asked as the water came back to waist length.

He laughed. "That's the odd nature of the ocean."

We both laughed as we played inside.

We stayed in the water for God knows how long before we retired and sat down on the wet sand.

My hair was soaking wet and I felt refreshed. New.

But sticky.

But then again, I liked it.

"Well, that was fun." I breathed out as I pushed my hair away from my face.

"Yeah," He nodded then looked at me with his smile still intact. "We should do this some other time."