TwElve

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

|ft. Cheat Codes - Feels great (ft. Fetty Wap|)

Day Two

Day 2

------

❝She's not so good a friend, I won't lie.❞ I said as we sat on the boot of Frank's dad's car.

We parked the car in a free zone. We got something to eat beforehand and had already eaten to our belly's content.

The wrappers and bottles from our leftover were everywhere.

"She claims to be my best friend and everyone already tagged us as that so I just have to tolerate that." I shrugged.

I was explaining the sad story of my life to Dennis.

"She needs real friends in her life. I tried to be that friend but I'm not just the one." Then I sighed, "Saying stuff like this aloud makes me feel like a bad person."

Even for the fact that I occasionally think of it.

Dennis looked at me then sighed as well. "You're not a bad person." He said. "She called your play shit and was the first to walk out. No one deserves a friend like that."

I looked at him as he started speaking about how he saw it.

Then he shrugged. "If you ask me, that's a good thing. She's showing you signs that she's not worthy of your friendship. Don't we all want friends who'll support us even if our play is shit?" He smiled.

I punched him lightly on his shoulder which made him laugh.

"You just called my play shit." He forced a smile on my face.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "But being the only child, how do you cope with so little friends? I, personally, love keeping company."

I sighed without replying to him.

After moments had passed, I looked at him deeply in his eyes. "Can I tell you a secret?"

He nodded without hesitating.

I looked away from him and finally confessed. "I'm not actually an only child." I was quite ashamed of that. "But with your sister being away from you for over 3 years, what's there to accept again?"

I held every single piece of my emotions and didn't break down.

"I haven't seen my dad and sister since my parents' separated. They weren't legally divorced." Then I looked back at him. "I'm sorry for lying to you."

He shook his head softly. "There's nothing to be sorry for. It's your secret and I'll keep it for you."

I smiled at him. "You're a good person," I said.

He smiled too. "I don't get that often."

"Being called good?" I was forced to ask.

He shrugged and rubbed his palms together, looking at them.

I just watched him, as I waited for his reply.

He folded his arms and rested his back on the glass, as he looked at the sky.

"I'll talk to my dad today." He finally said.

It was already 12 so it was a new day.

Then he looked at me with a smile. "Not directly though. My brother would talk to him for me."