HeAr FrOM Denis' SiDE

Dennis POV

"I can't be her boyfriend. That'll be lame." I said to Frank.

He scoffed. "Yeah. I mean, look at her, she looks like a goody two shoes. Where did you pick her up from?"

"Shut up, Frank!" I said, irritated at the shit he was saying.

"Don't tell me to shut up, bro."

"Then stop talking shit about her. What if she was listening or something?"

Frank shrugged. "Her pain. Not yours."

I rolled my eyes. "Your thinking needs an upgrade. You need to learn how to respect girls." I started leaving the kitchen.

"I respect Jess!" He called after me.

"I don't think so." I replied as I finally got out.

I went to the visitor's room and was about to knock at the door when my uncle answered for me.

"She left."

I turned to him as I dropped my hand. "She left?"

"Yes, like she was in a hurry. She said she needed to buy some things for her practical before reaching school."

"Oh, okay" I said, then adjusted the strap of my bag.

"You didn't come back last night." He stated.

I shrugged. "I already knew what you had to talk about."

"What if that wasn't the reason?" My uncle questioned.

I sighed and looked away.

"He wants you at school today." He stated. "Present for all your classes."

I rolled my eyes but not so obviously. "I'd be there."

"I would have told Frank to make sure that happens but..." He stopped his statement right there knowing the idea was like fetching water into a basket. "Listen, I know it isn't easy having so much pressure on you and I've spoken to your dad about that."

I pursed my lips as I looked at him.

"At least he'll be less mad today. He was too much on the edge last night. I just had to calm him down."

He then sighed, loudly.

"Well, let me not keep you waiting. Get going to school."

I nodded. "Thank you, uncle." Then I walked pass him.

"And, sports."

I turned around as he threw me a key.

I caught it immediately.

"And next time you want to show off to a girl, ride the benz instead." He smiled at me. "You're looking extra good today, by the way."

I smiled widely and shook my head. "Thank you!"

"Take care of yourself." He said.

"I will." I replied.

When I stepped out, Frank was already out waiting.

"I got the key to the benz." I waved it up as I came out fully.

"No fucking way." Frank's mouth dropped.

"Yes fucking way. I'm going to take Bianca to prom in this bitch." I went to his garage at the side of the house.

"And I get to take Jess for prom in that shit?" He referred to his car as he followed me to the garage. "How did he even give you by the way?"