05 - goodbye;

Your POV

You enjoyed his room as much as you enjoyed your favourite food.

You suddenly scooted over to his table and picked up a lighter.
"Why do you have this?"

"That's a lighter." He replied.

"I know, but why do you have it?"

"It reminds me of happiness."

You were confused.

"Why happiness?" You enquired.

"I light it up in the dark before going to bed and make a wish, then blow it out."

"Let me get this straight, you're superstitious?" You chuckled.

"Ani. I just make wishes that I wish would come true."

"Jungkook?"

His mother barged into the room.

"Who's this, son?"
"Er.."

You stood up and introduced yourself to Jungkook's mother.

"Yeobseyo Mrs Jeon, my name is Min Y/N, I have been friends with Jungkook since kindergarten."

"Oh, you're that Y/N." She smirked.
"Huh?" I asked, blurred.

"Jungkook tells me about you."

"O-oh.." I avoided her gaze.

Jungkook's mother signalled Jungkook to follow her. You waited in the room.

You heard whispering sounds from outside the room and couldn't help but eavesdrop.

Jungkook POV

My mother closed the door behind me and she stood there with my dad. I glared at him since I didn't really wanna see him.

"Son. You know what I said on the phone. You cut off our conversation just because you were gonna bring a friend over?"

He facepalmed and shook his head.

"I wanted to since I was gonna leave her. Right?"

"Does she know?" He asked.

"No. Keep it that way until I tell her myself."

Eomma pecked Appa's cheek and left us to talk to each other.

I scoffed.

"Son, we are moving and you can't reject that!" My mother tried to persuade me.

"NO, I don't wanna leave. I'm already expelled, so please don't make my life worse."

My father looked at me sternly.

"Worse? Tch. More like better. You will have better friends and a better education at the new place. Plus it's a great benefit for you." He said.

"Where are we going.." I uttured.

"We're moving to Seoul."

"B-Bu—"

"No buts. We're moving tomorrow and you'll be a better person there." Appa crossed his arms.

He left and I was just so mad at him, I could shout. I didn't want to leave Y/N behind, so I won't tell her about it now.

I opened the door, and Y/N was there.

She looked furious and warm, angry tears streamed down her face.

"Y/N..?"

Without a word, she grabbed her backpack and left downstairs.

"Y/N, wait!" I yelled.

She did not respond. Suddenly, she missed a step and fell.

"Y/N!"

I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could. Her leg had scratches and she was holding it in pain.

"Are you okay?"

It didn't take her long to stand up and adjust her skirt. She picked up her bag and left.

I chased after her.

I caught up to her and grabbed her hand.

She turned to me, still crying.

"What is it? What is it that you want?"

"Did you really hear all of that—"

"YES! Yes.. I heard every single thing, so I'm going home now— " She cut me off before I did the same.

"WAIT! Are you mad?" I asked. It was a stupid question.

"Of course not, why would I be mad? It's not your fault you're leaving, it's totally mine I.." Her voice trailed off.

"NO, this isn't your fault. And stop lying to me, it's obvious that you're mad abour the fact I'm leaving to Seoul."

Y/N cried even more.

"It's my fault I got you expelled.. I was harrassed and you had to come save me.. It's all my fault.." She sobbed.

"No, shh, don't blame yourself.." I tried to wipe her tears, but she smacked my hand away from getting closer to her cheeks.

"You're really leaving me now? Seriously? I thought I was your best friend!" She yelled, teary-eyed.

"Yes, Y/N. You're my bestfriend and that will never change. I promise,"

I held her shoulders and bent down to her height.

"Look, I want you to have this."

I opened her clenched fist and handed her my lighter.

"Why..." She took hold of it with weak hands.

"You can have it. Wish for my return when I'm gone."

I hugged Y/N.

"Goodbye then."

Y/N left crying and I was heartbroken to watch her leave. I did not want to say goodbye but I had to.

One of the hardest things to do in life...

Is to say

Goodbye.
__________________________________________________________________________________

*rewritten version*