"A hotel." He answered with a shrug.

My face squeezed together and I immediately became more aware of my surroundings. "A hotel?" I asked.

He immediately started chuckling. "No. Just get down. We said we didn't want this day to be wasted, didn't we?" He said before coming out of the car.

I sighed and wiped my eyes then turned off the music on my phone before getting down.

I was sure I looked like shit.

Luckily, I didn't drool.

I closed the door and saw Dennis resting his arms on top of the car with his chin on his arm as he smiled at me.

My cheeks suddenly got red as a smile spread across my face as well.

"... Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked slowly as I took in the place where we were at. The beach.

He shrugged and leant off the car. "I didn't think of anything cool we could do so I thought we'd just take a walk." He said as he walked up to me. "And maybe just talk" He shrugged in thoughts as he came at a stop in from of me. "About ourselves." His eyes were locked with mine and his smile was infectious.

My whole face was a cherry shade.

Without my eyes leaving his capturing eyes, I nodded. "That seems cool."

His smile widened as he said. "I think we should take our shoes off and drop it in the car. It's safer."

I took my feet out of my shoes then bent down to pick them up.

He did the same but his shoes were laced.

I went to drop my shoes under the passenger seat as I sat down to roll my jeans up.

The driver's seat opened and I knew he was dropping his shoes, too. He closed the door then bent down outside to roll his own jeans up.

I came down and waited for him to be done.

When he was done, he locked the car with his keys and he came round to meet me.

His smile was ever vibrant.

"Let's go." He said and I walked up to him as we walked beside each other.

I liked the way my feet sunk into the sand. It felt comforting.

The beach was empty. Few of people and I preferred that.

"Ever been to this beach before?" He questioned to start a conversation.

I shook my head as I looked ahead. "Never been to a beach before," I confessed.

"Are you being serious?" He asked in shock and turned his head to me.

I nodded. "I'm an only child with busy parents. The only time I ever get to have real fun is when my cousins come around."

He scoffed and looked forward. "Well, that must suck."

I nodded with a sigh. "It does."

"Don't worry. I'll make up for that."

I looked at him and saw the gentle smile on his face. I couldn't help but be drawn by his smile. His eyes spoke determination.

I smiled back.

It felt so weird getting all those strange feelings from someone you just recently started talking to.

I couldn't call him a stranger since we both attended the same school and shared some classes.

Besides, I had seen him before. Maybe just walking in the hall with his friends.

Those times when I'd just pass by without thinking anything much.

"So, tell me something." He said.

"What?" My smile widened.

He shrugged, his humour increasing. "Just anything."

"I thought you'd be more specific." I raised one of my eyebrows as I smirked and looked him over.

He chuckled then said, "Okay. Tell me about your love life."

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Come on."

"You're not backing down." His smile widened.

I sighed. "My love life sucks. What's there to know?"

"You have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"No," I replied as my cheeks got rosier and my smile increased.

I could feel my feet sinking in the now wet sand as we neared the water.

He nodded with an unstopping smile as he looked ahead.